Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #2 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Rbacchiega's 10 Gallon Yashia Goby House of Love (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52489)

noirsphynx 05-20-2009 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rbacchiega (Post 422234)
No secret at all.

Plans are Ricordea/Zoas (from Levi - thanks again) and....

a. granulosa
a. batunai
a. tenuis or a. vermiculata
a. austera (yellow/purple)
lemon lime acro
pink birdsnest.

All of the SPS, with the exception of the birdsnest are fairly slow growers, so there shouldn't be too much or a problem with things growing too quickly

Mmmmm, NICE! I have the Austrea on my want list but must hold off until I get this cube of mine going.

Rbacchiega 05-20-2009 12:05 AM

I must admit, Greg is my SPS guru. I pretty much went "this is the setup, these are the lights...make my tank pretty"

and judging by the pictures I've been looking at, this tank is gonna be a knockout.

Snaz 05-20-2009 05:28 AM

Is the rock "dead"? Will you not have to wait a million years for it to become live again and suitable for supporting delicate fish which I thought these gobies were? Sorry if I am missing something obvious.

Rbacchiega 05-20-2009 06:47 AM

actually...once I found the scape I liked...I sorta cemented it together and it's sitting in the sump of my 90 gallon...hopefully this will equal a quick and easy cycle. :D

BlueAbyss 05-20-2009 06:56 AM

OMG I just got the House of Love thing, with the male and female gobies. Nice...

Man, am I dense :mrgreen:

Rbacchiega 05-21-2009 05:27 PM

picking up the little darlings tomorrow!

BlueAbyss 05-21-2009 05:45 PM

Nice can't wait for pics! I love yashias, my second favourite goby.

Rbacchiega 05-21-2009 07:15 PM

second?!?! first being?????

BlueAbyss 05-22-2009 01:34 AM

Greissinger's (aka Flame Prawn) Goby... but it's a close race. The Yashia would win because it's cheaper, but I like the orange and red.

Rbacchiega 05-22-2009 11:01 PM

*looked up flame prawn goby*

Holy mother eff....must find me a pair of those! (for a different tank obviously)

Well, I'm happy to report that Johnny and June ( :D ) have settled in nicely to their temporary home in the Quarantine tank. And both of them already ate some PE mysis (about 1-2 mysis each LOL) I can see this is going to be fun keeping the nutrients etc down in the display tank when the time comes LOL

I was worried about how to prevent the gobies from jumping, should the situation arise...because they'd be able to get through the egg crate with no problem. Solution? I used the old screen lids from some 10 gallon reptile tanks...I dont' imagine it'll effect the lighting too much (very fine mesh and lots of holes) but it'll keep the little darlings in the tank.

SOOOOOOOOOOO STOKED

H20 in T-minus 9 days!