Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   WarDog's Tank Thread : Episodic Trial And Error (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97779)

WarDog 04-14-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunggi74 (Post 988822)
He is very selective about who he shows what. He hasn't even shown me his tank yet if it makes you feel better?

'Your driveway is too steep and my legs hurt like a little girl!'

...somebody remember that?

kien 04-14-2016 03:21 PM

I'm pretty sure that's a fake. To be sure though, I recommend sending it to me for verification. I will even provide a certificate of authenticity after successful verification. There are a lot of fakes of these floating around these days. You can't be too careful.

Bblinks 05-03-2016 11:06 PM

Whats happening here....anything new going on?

WarDog 05-04-2016 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblinks (Post 990440)
Whats happening here....anything new going on?

Not really, things are on cruise control. Getting some decent growth in some corals, and none in others. Some colours are good, some are bad. Happy with the bio load and no casualties. The Space Invaders Pectinia is the last piece my tank has room for.

Bubble algae still rampant, and some small spots of cyano and what looks like bryopsis. Added a MP10 from Laurie in hopes of getting some more flow.

The biggest problem I'm having is tank accessibility for general maintenance. Definitely learning from some of my mistakes and poor choices. I'll probably NEVER have a 25" tall tank ever again, and I'll never have an unmovable rock structure. I also see the value in a coral quarantine tank, and diligence in a solid dipping routine.

I'd say this build thread has come to an end, as I am planning a replacement display tank, plus a frag tank (which the wife recently approved). More details to follow near the end of the summer. I've got a couple of special projects in the meantime which will require your attention.

How many days until MACNA?

Myka 12-07-2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarDog (Post 990463)
I'd say this build thread has come to an end, as I am planning a replacement display tank, plus a frag tank (which the wife recently approved). More details to follow near the end of the summer. I've got a couple of special projects in the meantime which will require your attention.

It's way past end of summer. Where's the "more details"? :D

WarDog 12-07-2016 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 1003557)
It's way past end of summer. Where's the "more details"? :D

Patience. You know how slow I work. Currently acquiring materials. Move along, move along.

hunggi74 02-08-2017 07:01 PM

Bump?

WarDog 02-08-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunggi74 (Post 1008102)
Bump?

Nothing to see here. Move along move along.

Aquattro 02-10-2017 11:29 PM

Is this thread still active? Seems dusty...

Myka 02-12-2017 03:18 AM

Ok Warren, I did my part. I mounted most the frags/mini colonies (lol) in my tank, and then took/posted photos. Your turn.