Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Thought Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58269)

The Grizz 02-18-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 794374)
I would PM a mod and ask them to add "Pending" or "sold" to your sale post in the body or the title itself if your thread has spun a few pages. I agree that this visibility is helpful :-). If the sale thread is just a page it's not as big a deal but if it has spun several pages then this does tend to happen often.

Maybe its time to have it closed off and star a new thread with what is left. There are a lot of items & most are sold or pending to people I know are good for it & there's only a few thing left.

Besides I needed to vent a little before I ripped some random limb off someone :biggrin:

kien 02-18-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 794375)
Maybe its time to have it closed off and star a new thread with what is left. There are a lot of items & most are sold or pending to people I know are good for it & there's only a few thing left.

But you can't close threads. It'll still linger in the for sale forum :-)

The Grizz 02-18-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 794376)
But you can't close threads. It'll still linger in the for sale forum :-)

Ah ya right, maybe get mods to add " read OP last post!! ":biggrin:

ckmullin 02-18-2013 07:56 PM

Why not move the buy/sell topic once done to an 'archive' area. People can still read that area but no posting allowed. Archiving will be work but it'll make the general buy/sell area clean and neat.

When a topic is done ie all items sold...the member must inform buy/sell mods. Then at that point it will be transfered into the archive.

This might be more work than allowing a member to edit posts to add 'completed' 'sold' but will make a buy/sell forum clean with new items only. Of course this is a big suggested change...if that idea isn't liked someone @ sometime has to put in 'sold' in the topic title!

jorjef 02-18-2013 08:06 PM

Anyone seen a new mouse trap? It catches mice....just like the old one.

Aquattro 02-18-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckmullin (Post 794382)
Why not move the buy/sell topic once done to an 'archive' area. People can still read that area but no posting allowed. Archiving will be work but it'll make the general buy/sell area clean and neat.

When a topic is done ie all items sold...the member must inform buy/sell mods. Then at that point it will be transfered into the archive.

This might be more work than allowing a member to edit posts to add 'completed' 'sold' but will make a buy/sell forum clean with new items only. Of course this is a big suggested change...if that idea isn't liked someone @ sometime has to put in 'sold' in the topic title!

I'm not sure which staff member is going to do that. I know it's not me, and I have more time than the others. Sooo :)

This is really in the category of "first world problems" and not really worth the effort going on about it.

Aquattro 02-19-2013 02:57 AM

2 feet of tubing short to fire up the new inline frag tank. #@%$#$

On a good note, 12 years owning clownfish, and tonight they're laying eggs.

fishoholic 02-19-2013 03:14 AM

Go away to Banff for a couple of days and I miss 4 pages of random thought posts :surprise:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 793496)
spiderbear, spiderbear, climbs high steel, everywhere...lol

:pound:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 794502)

That sucks! I hate when you get so close to finishing something then run out of materials.

That's cool about the clowns though.

fishoholic 02-19-2013 03:22 AM

Drove 4-5 hrs to get to Banff on Sunday, worth it for a mini mountain holiday get away. Must admit I'm not looking forward to the drive back :sad:

View from the top of the evil gondola ride

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...psbff928ef.jpg

kien 02-19-2013 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 794502)

MacGyver something with some of your garden hose. We don't want excuses we want results!