Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   lastlight's 225 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41736)

Stones 11-27-2009 04:18 PM

So sorry to hear about your wife's dire medical condition but good to hear that she is doing better now.

Reef_surfer 11-27-2009 04:24 PM

thats sad to hear, and you know you have all of our support in this time, hope she gets well

spikehs 11-27-2009 06:53 PM

Glad to hear she is getting better now :)

lastlight 11-27-2009 10:54 PM

Heartrate is the best I've seen itsince we got here. She has lymphoma and leukemia and starts chemo soon today. They say she has a good chance for remission with treatments for around a month. After that more long term care and maybe a full recovery. So more good news today ;)

Veng68 11-27-2009 11:22 PM

Good news.

I hope your wife has a speedy recovery :)

All the best.

Cheers,
Vic

JDigital 11-27-2009 11:33 PM

That's great news Brett! My thoughts are with you guys.

Lance 11-27-2009 11:46 PM

Terrific News! Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Delphinus 11-28-2009 12:09 AM

Best luck on the continued recovery.

GreenSpottedPuffer 11-28-2009 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 468218)
Heartrate is the best I've seen itsince we got here. She has lymphoma and leukemia and starts chemo soon today. They say she has a good chance for remission with treatments for around a month. After that more long term care and maybe a full recovery. So more good news today ;)

Im glad to hear she is hanging in there...

I have lived with Lymphoblastic leukemia since I was a few years old. Gone through chemo more times than I can remember now...don't even let my hair grow anymore cause if I don't have it, cancer can't take it. She will be a much tougher person through all this and it makes you appreciate every day. I think my parents were told I wouldn't make it to 10 even.

Trust me, she may not be very responsive right now (or may be) but she knows everything your doing like just being there. It's kind of like being in a dreamland (for her).

Hopefully chemo will take care of it. I don't remember the first time I had to go through chemo (too young) but my parents said it was the toughest on me. Must be all the drugs that your body suddenly has to deal with but it gets MUCH easier from there.

I have been in remission for just over 3 years now (since I got serious about diet, exercise and keeping stress to a minimum). Longest I have ever lived without cancer. Don't usually tell a heck of a lot of people about this cause sometimes people start to treat you much different than they used (hate that) but it's always helped me meeting and talking to other people who went through it.

Take care, both of you!

Myka 11-28-2009 02:10 AM

I'm sorry to hear that your wife has cancer. My mom recently went through breast cancer, and hasn't even been in remission for a full year. It is a tough road to walk as a passenger, I can't imagine being the driver. My mom's friends and family made a big difference to her in her tough time.