Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   My addiction 300DD (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81707)

Bblinks 03-07-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duker (Post 799336)
Wow, guess I should finish reading the entire thread before commenting(referring to my previous comment), but I'm glad to hear it's all better now. Now you can back to what u love and are sooooooo good at, growing perdy sps and keeping beeeeautiful fish!:biggrin:

Thanks but things have turn for the worst. There is a leak from the bottom corner of the tank again. FML.

Bblinks 03-07-2013 11:14 PM

Really really bad news. I am on the verge of shutting it down. Came home last night to a puddle of water. The filter sock has filled up with water and started to overfill. In the short period of time where the wife went up stairs to cook dinner it has dumped a **** load onto the carpet. I pulled out the bag and replace it with a new one thinking its solved but this morning the towers I put down are just soaked. I found a drip per sec coming off the corner of the stand on the bottom and just cant find where the leak is coming from. If this doesn't get resolved soon, I am gonna sell everything and shut her down. :cry:

kien 03-07-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblinks (Post 799955)
Really really bad news. I am on the verge of shutting it down. Came home last night to a puddle of water. The filter sock has filled up with water and started to overfill. In the short period of time where the wife went up stairs to cook dinner it has dumped a **** load onto the carpet. I pulled out the bag and replace it with a new one thinking its solved but this morning the towers I put down are just soaked. I found a drip per sec coming off the corner of the stand on the bottom and just cant find where the leak is coming from. If this doesn't get resolved soon, I am gonna sell everything and shut her down. :cry:

dibs on the biopellets!

sorry.. couldn't resist. Sucky news man. So is the leak coming from the new sump? Hopefully it's just a fitting that needs tightening or a bit of plumber's tape.

Ginu 03-07-2013 11:54 PM

Wow... I really hope.its just a fitting.and not the tank... and Rich don't quit on us!
If there is anything I can do, just let me know.

Rice Reef 03-07-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblinks (Post 799955)

Rich, turn off the plumbing for now and drain the sump. I will come over tomorrow night to help. I would come tonight if I can.

Wayne

Cade 03-08-2013 12:16 AM

Good luck. Water can suck sometimes.

hillegom 03-08-2013 01:08 AM

I can't believe it Rich!
I hope its something simple like tightening a fitting.
Let me know if I can help tomorrow.

Aquattro 03-08-2013 01:38 AM

Coming off the corner of the stand? Or sump? Probably just a plumbing fitting. Stop with the "shutting it down" stuff. You'd be miserable. :razz:

Bblinks 03-08-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 799960)
dibs on the biopellets!

sorry.. couldn't resist. Sucky news man. So is the leak coming from the new sump? Hopefully it's just a fitting that needs tightening or a bit of plumber's tape.

Come and grab it, its free.....:nono: Looks like I'll be in this for a bit longer. My buddy came over last night and we found the leak. well, sorta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginu (Post 799968)
Wow... I really hope.its just a fitting.and not the tank... and Rich don't quit on us!
If there is anything I can do, just let me know.

Thanks man, much appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rice Reef (Post 799969)
Rich, turn off the plumbing for now and drain the sump. I will come over tomorrow night to help. I would come tonight if I can.

Wayne

Always there buddy, thanks very much. :cool:

Bblinks 03-08-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cade (Post 799970)
Good luck. Water can suck sometimes.

It sure does. The trails and tribulation of this hobby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillegom (Post 799981)
I can't believe it Rich!
I hope its something simple like tightening a fitting.
Let me know if I can help tomorrow.

Thanks man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 800002)
Coming off the corner of the stand? Or sump? Probably just a plumbing fitting. Stop with the "shutting it down" stuff. You'd be miserable. :razz:

Okay, I'll stop. :infinity: