Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Thought Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58269)

intarsiabox 12-05-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 770154)
I still do that but my wife points out i'm a married man :neutral:

You're on a roll today! My wife has said the same thing to me, I once told her there is difference between a married man and a happily married man. I had to duck real fast and return home with some flowers otherwise I'd be sleeping in the truck.

Proteus 12-05-2012 02:10 AM

So sick of my job. The last six months I've been trying to do the work of two trucks. I run a vac truck. The money is great but 300 hours a month with only 4 days off is killing me. I get **** on buy consultants and I'm told to take it. I am told to sleep in my truck rather than them find me some relief. Told I can't take holidays for the sixth year in a row. The company was great before but now it's big and the boss grows ignorant. I just want to quit and leave it all behind.

intarsiabox 12-05-2012 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus99 (Post 770239)
So sick of my job. The last six months I've been trying to do the work of two trucks. I run a vac truck. The money is great but 300 hours a month with only 4 days off is killing me. I get **** on buy consultants and I'm told to take it. I am told to sleep in my truck rather than them find me some relief. Told I can't take holidays for the sixth year in a row. The company was great before but now it's big and the boss grows ignorant. I just want to quit and leave it all behind.

Time to talk to the bank about a business loan and buy your own vac truck.They are always in high demand. You may not get any more time off but it will at least be much more gratifying.

Nano 12-05-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus99 (Post 770239)

I hear that, I used to work for a company that built vac trucks... Nothing but glorified a-holes. I asked for time off when my baby was born (just 2 days nothing major) I got in deep s*** when I came back. Went to HR about it to find out what the big problem was being there for the birth of my first born, she called the boss in and I was threatened with lay off if I was so much as late again.. this is after 8 months of being 15 minutes early and leaving 15-30 minutes late each day, and I never missed a day except the ones I asked for.. family definitely isn't priority for them.

IMO if your in a position to do so, look for something a little more flexible in that sense.

Proteus 12-05-2012 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intarsiabox (Post 770241)
Time to talk to the bank about a business loan and buy your own vac truck.They are always in high demand. You may not get any more time off but it will at least be much more gratifying.

That's another issue. I was to be 30% ownership of this truck when I got it new. My boss and I had a agreement and when I was to pay my share he cut me out and said maybe in five years😡

A combo unit right now is $450,000. And with the industry having core standards its to much money to write a saftey program. I was going to buy one this year and my boss told me he wouldn't contract me. The thing is that when myself and friend approached this company they had no vac truck work and we brought our customers with us. If I can manage to stay local. He knows the work will leave with me. And I won't go back up north. I've applied for a local operators job with oil company and have had more than my share of job offers but I don't want to jump around. I worked up north for 10 years and want to stay local now. I think really all I need is a holiday. I have one planned for march but that's not soon enough.

Rant over😉

Proteus 12-05-2012 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nano (Post 770242)
I hear that, I used to work for a company that built vac trucks... Nothing but glorified a-holes. I asked for time off when my baby was born (just 2 days nothing major) I got in deep s*** when I came back. Went to HR about it to find out what the big problem was being there for the birth of my first born, she called the boss in and I was threatened with lay off if I was so much as late again.. this is after 8 months of being 15 minutes early and leaving 15-30 minutes late each day, and I never missed a day except the ones I asked for.. family definitely isn't priority for them.

IMO if your in a position to do so, look for something a little more flexible in that sense.

I have a job offer on the plate now. A company has askd me 5 times already and again today. I would only work 14 days a month. Which is awsome but I'd loose 25,000 a year. Moneys not everything and the kids would like me home more

intarsiabox 12-05-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus99 (Post 770248)
I have a job offer on the plate now. A company has askd me 5 times already and again today. I would only work 14 days a month. Which is awsome but I'd loose 25,000 a year. Moneys not everything and the kids would like me home more

I hear you. I was up in Fort Mac for 5 years making really good money then along came the family and I basically took a temporary $80,000 year hit to start all over with something new. I'm making pretty good money now and I'm home every night with the wife and kids and the extra money up north just doesn't buy that type of thing.

Proteus 12-05-2012 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intarsiabox (Post 770253)
I hear you. I was up in Fort Mac for 5 years making really good money then along came the family and I basically took a temporary $80,000 year hit to start all over with something new. I'm making pretty good money now and I'm home every night with the wife and kids and the extra money up north just doesn't buy that type of thing.

Yeah I spent most my time in northern bc. Drilling rigs love the work love the money. Same story family came and I came home. I'm home daily but lots of time it's well after kids are in bed. Dec slows down for me so there a little more time for the family

The Grizz 12-05-2012 03:55 AM

Season 5 of Son of Anarchy ends tonight.............so sad..........I hate it when my fav shows have short seasons :sad:

Skimmerking 12-05-2012 05:39 PM

Online ordering should be fast not take 7 days to look at a order. speediness like that will cost you customers. like me first time and last time ordering from him./

Better see a discount on that order.