Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Pump Specific (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Speedwave DC pumps? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=95982)

Razor 07-12-2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberta-newb (Post 831347)
Still waiting patiently on announcements on the 20000, seems like only a rumor at this time. Good thing I'm not in a rush.... yet :wink:

Francis

What's the output on the 20000, must be 5000+gph?

Alberta-newb 07-12-2013 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor (Post 831358)
What's the output on the 20000, must be 5000+gph?

Yes, assuming they base on 20,000 litres/hour about 5300 gph.

(I'm looking at a closed loop on a big tank)

noy 07-13-2013 05:22 PM

Just wondering if anyone had success controlling the speedwave or waveline using their apex - more specifically using it to control the speed of the motor (not just on/off obviously).

The Guy 08-25-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwars (Post 804955)
im running a 2640 on my tank internally at home , love these pumps. i run 3/4" lines from my pump and the smallest barb fitting they give you fits inside the pipe snuggly.

i run mine on speed 4 and have my return t'd off for a manifold if i ever plan to add something, just up the speed a bit.

at the store im running a few different dc pumps and skimmers, we just hooked up two externally externally and on a closed loop system , sched 40 adapters fit the threads perfectly and they do not leak one bit so far.we have both of them on a controller to run 30 sec back and forth.

the dc pumps do have a small humm to them but nothing compared to some of the heavy ac pumps of equal size.

I just put a Speedwave dc1320 in my 90 g , could not be happier with the performance and it's totally quiet.
I too t'd of to run my UV and gfo reactor as mentioned just turn it up, I run mine full speed for lots of display water turn over.
Great pump that's for sure. :rockon:

SoloSK71 09-26-2013 04:33 AM

Any updates on the 6000 version?

Charles

banditpowdercoat 10-05-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 804951)
If you hold a threaded pvc coupler steady and level and use some decent force you can get 3 or 4 full turns onto the outlet. Mine is on 4 and very tight. Far enough on to run in sump and still sleep at night. Love mine!

Just got one today from JL And same issue with outlet! I can't get a fitting on it. Mine will be external on my closed loop. I'm kinda mad. Can't find any fitting anywhere in town that fits, My CL is down now as my Dolphin packed it in. No time to send it back to JL either, as I leave Wed for 3 weeks in camp

The Grizz 10-05-2013 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat (Post 849608)
Just got one today from JL And same issue with outlet! I can't get a fitting on it. Mine will be external on my closed loop. I'm kinda mad. Can't find any fitting anywhere in town that fits, My CL is down now as my Dolphin packed it in. No time to send it back to JL either, as I leave Wed for 3 weeks in camp

1 1/4" fitting will fit but you have to file the first couple threads down a but to get the fitting to successfully thread on. I have done it on 8 dc pumps so far with no leaking, as you can see on pg. 25 post #250 on my 300 build.

banditpowdercoat 10-05-2013 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 849612)
1 1/4" fitting will fit but you have to file the first couple threads down a but to get the fitting to successfully thread on. I have done it on 8 dc pumps so far with no leaking.

OK, You mean taper it a bit, right? Checking here and ya it's straight threads not a taper NPT thread.

The Grizz 10-05-2013 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat (Post 849614)
OK, You mean taper it a bit, right? Checking here and ya it's straight threads not a taper NPT thread.

Exactly, the first thread needs to be filed down to create a leading edge. It takes a bit of work and patience but can be done.

banditpowdercoat 10-05-2013 03:05 AM

OK Thx. I'm always really good at improvising and figuring things out. It's my career as a troubleshooting Instrumentation tech. But I get freaked a lil cause my tank is like with barely any flow, just a couple WP25's right now