Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   AndyL's 5.5 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45804)

Ryan_Lap 11-08-2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sphelps (Post 358303)
Sorry to hear that, but how hard is it to move a 5.5?

If this continues someone is going to win the 5.5 contest by default before the contest is over.

The 5.5 category shouldnt even exist as an individual prize payout. It should just be merged with the 10g. How many people are even left in the 5.5 if andyL pulls out? 1?

sphelps 11-08-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan_Lap (Post 358322)
The 5.5 category shouldnt even exist as an individual prize payout. It should just be merged with the 10g. How many people are even left in the 5.5 if andyL pulls out? 1?

Yeah we should merge the two categories and have 1st and 2nd place prizes. Even with three people in the 5.5 they have a 1 in 3 chance of winning the same prize as the 10g which is 1 in 10. Plus now two of the three are probably dropping out.

I think you guys are giving up too easy, we should put a drop out fee in place :lol:

Chaloupa 11-08-2008 08:45 PM

hmmm so I guess that would directly mean ME who is put with the 10g. OK, no problem with it...however I should get the same budget then:biggrin:.....maybe??? I don't have as good a chance with those 10's out there...they're spectacular already! But I'm willing to give it a go!

I am sorry that there aren't more in the 5.5g...it is a challenge to do and I thought more would be up for the challenge! Sorry to hear that you're leaving the contest...tis sad to lose one.

sphelps 11-08-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaloupa (Post 358334)
hmmm so I guess that would directly mean ME who is put with the 10g. OK, no problem with it...however I should get the same budget then:biggrin:.....maybe??? I don't have as good a chance with those 10's out there...they're spectacular already! But I'm willing to give it a go!

I am sorry that there aren't more in the 5.5g...it is a challenge to do and I thought more would be up for the challenge! Sorry to hear that you're leaving the contest...tis sad to lose one.

Yes I think you should have the same budget. You will have one advantage, your tank will require less stock so it will be easier to pack with corals within budget.

I'd like to see the 5.5 guys all stay in, it's a shame they can't work it out.

Chaloupa 11-08-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sphelps (Post 358338)
Yes I think you should have the same budget. You will have one advantage, your tank will require less stock so it will be easier to pack with corals within budget.

I'd like to see the 5.5 guys all stay in, it's a shame they can't work it out.

WOOT! I'd like to see it too...it's a fun size!

Ryan_Lap 11-08-2008 08:54 PM

yah andyL, try and stay in the contest. It wont be that hard to move. Its not like your tank blew apart....lol

AndyL 11-08-2008 11:41 PM

Little more than just simply moving - dont forget I've been told I have to use the factory 5.5's glass - thus I've still got to finish up laminating all the glass (4 panes done thus far) + building the "new" contest tank. Meanwhile I'm trying to get my DIY'ing parts packed up and organized for the move... With a pregnant wife - so I can't let her do much either...

JDigital 11-09-2008 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sphelps (Post 358332)
I think you guys are giving up too easy, we should put a drop out fee in place :lol:

There is.... it's called "No Refund".

Ryan_Lap 11-09-2008 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDigital (Post 358385)

I think that was expected....:biggrin:

sphelps 11-09-2008 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDigital (Post 358385)

Yeah I know, but I ment an additional fee for not completing, but I was only kidding.