Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Marine Fish (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   290 Gallon Stocking Advise (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=115974)

rishu_pepper 09-29-2015 12:19 AM

My YT is just plain mean to any fish that comes in, whatever colour/species/size. Next time I do a tank down the road, I may just stay away from zebrasomas altogether, just had bad experience with it personally and also heard bad stories more than positives.

Reef safe butterflies like pyramid is pretty cool. I definitely like mine, quite active and looks unique.

dusty16 09-29-2015 07:02 AM

Hmmm. Ive always wanted a yellow tang. Maybe if the foxface is bigger and since hes already there a smaller tang might not attack it?
Also made an impulse buy and bought a Copperband butterfly :)

rishu_pepper 09-29-2015 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dusty16 (Post 965544)
Hmmm. Ive always wanted a yellow tang. Maybe if the foxface is bigger and since hes already there a smaller tang might not attack it?
Also made an impulse buy and bought a Copperband butterfly :)

What size is the CBB? How's it behaving and is it eating? Keep an eye on it, my first week of the CBB in the DT was an adventure to try to get him to eat/come out. Now he is one of my top favourites.

My yellow tang attacks anything, big, small, long, short, so depends on the fish I guess. YMMV, but it's a roll of the dice.

dusty16 09-30-2015 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rishu_pepper (Post 965564)
What size is the CBB? How's it behaving and is it eating? Keep an eye on it, my first week of the CBB in the DT was an adventure to try to get him to eat/come out. Now he is one of my top favourites.

My yellow tang attacks anything, big, small, long, short, so depends on the fish I guess. YMMV, but it's a roll of the dice.

Size is about 4 inches. Got it from J&L. Swims around and ate about a quarter cube of mysis today. Its got some white spots on its fins though. Staff at JL said its something that would go away on its own. Anyone have similar experience?

rishu_pepper 10-01-2015 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dusty16 (Post 965643)
Size is about 4 inches. Got it from J&L. Swims around and ate about a quarter cube of mysis today. Its got some white spots on its fins though. Staff at JL said its something that would go away on its own. Anyone have similar experience?

Might be ich...? White spots sometimes means the ich parasite is present on a fish.

dusty16 10-01-2015 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rishu_pepper (Post 965735)
Might be ich...? White spots sometimes means the ich parasite is present on a fish.

They said it was something else when I bought it. Will be using cupramine anyways so hopefully it goes away in a few days. So far so good. Started eating nori today which was interesting. Didnt think that would happen.