Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   My addiction 300DD (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81707)

mseepman 01-04-2012 11:47 PM

Wow...looks good. Really didn't expect you to have the pics I was requesting. I would love to see a better shot of the cabinet around the tank too.

Everything looks happy...how long have they been moved over?

The Grizz 01-04-2012 11:50 PM

Look at Birch as well, very nice smooth wood grain, stains nicely and is a little cheaper then Oak or Maple. That is unles you have a connection at the lumber store for a sweet discount :lol:

Bblinks 01-04-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 667836)
Look at Birch as well, very nice smooth wood grain, stains nicely and is a little cheaper then Oak or Maple. That is unles you have a connection at the lumber store for a sweet discount :lol:

Thanks dude. I will keep that in mind.:lol:

Bblinks 01-04-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mseepman (Post 667835)
Wow...looks good. Really didn't expect you to have the pics I was requesting. I would love to see a better shot of the cabinet around the tank too.

Everything looks happy...how long have they been moved over?

Thanks. its hasn't been long at all, 3 days. :twised: I stayed up till 4:30am just to finish all the aquascape and transfered all the coral on a school night. I mean I had to work the next day.

lockrookie 01-05-2012 01:19 AM

birch is very close to maple in fact ive used birch plywood when run out of maple and you can't tell the difference.

Lance 01-05-2012 01:20 AM

:thumb::thumb::thumb: I APPROVE THIS BUILD!

Parker 01-05-2012 01:22 AM

I love these wide tanks!

Nano 01-05-2012 01:33 AM

I'm really digging the aquascape, perhaps a future TOTM

Myka 01-05-2012 01:49 AM

Is that Jeff in your pic? If so I recognize the look he's giving the camera, but I hardly recognize him - haven't seen him in ~5 years.

Sorry to hear the move didn't go so well. Having the replace the tank into the same spot is really not a fun thing to have to deal with, usually ends in losses. I hope everything perks back up for you. Can't wait to see pics of the 300DD running! :D

Bblinks 01-05-2012 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockrookie (Post 667871)
birch is very close to maple in fact ive used birch plywood when run out of maple and you can't tell the difference.

I think I saw some maple sheets for sale at Rona, I can't imagine it being that expensive. The only problem I see me running into is maybe human error on fabing the skin and having to re-make it. Now that could get expensive. The more I think about it, the more I am leaning towards getting a profession al to make it for me. We will see how it goes. Thanks for the heads up.