Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   290G Peninsula Tank (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61961)

lastlight 05-03-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 516117)
Hey Mark,

I could store it here if you Like. :twised: :wink: :lol:

And I could store stuff in it like... some rock, corals, fish... that kind of stuff. Of course I would have to get rid of everything in my living room...but a sacrifice I would be willing to make for a friend. :biggrin1:

Don't be too kind. He may need to keep his boot somewhere :smile:

mseepman 05-06-2010 05:15 AM

haha...Leah, thanks for the offer. I would hate to push you out of your living room.:biggrin:

I'm really happy that Jay is going to be doing the tank. Pricing worked out well and I am getting the polished edges. Jay is also doing a really nice sump for me and it too has polished edges.

As for storage, my wife appears to have agreed to get the boot from our garage so that we can store the tanks there once I go and get them from Jay in June. Without a doubt....I'm blessed with an amazing better half.

kien 05-06-2010 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mseepman (Post 516819)
haha...Leah, thanks for the offer. I would hate to push you out of your living room.:biggrin:

I'm really happy that Jay is going to be doing the tank. Pricing worked out well and I am getting the polished edges. Jay is also doing a really nice sump for me and it too has polished edges.

As for storage, my wife appears to have agreed to get the boot from our garage so that we can store the tanks there once I go and get them from Jay in June. Without a doubt....I'm blessed with an amazing better half.

Jay&Colby built my tank last August and I just met the guy (Jay) for the first time two days ago :-) Great guy and he knows his stuff! This is going to be a wicked peninsula :-)

mseepman 05-28-2010 08:44 PM

Well...although I wasn't ready for my tank yet...it was due to be complete for this upcoming weekend. Jay just contacted me to tell me that due to a forklift accident...all my glass (for both tank and sump) is smashed so it has to be re-done for the future.

Hopefully this is all the bad luck Jay or I have for the next while. Never like to see all that glass go to waste.

Leah 05-28-2010 09:49 PM

Mark,

Oh no! That is terrible. :sad: But at least you do not have to worry about storing it at the moment.

mseepman 07-13-2010 04:21 AM

Well, I will be heading to Calgary this coming weekend in order to finally pick up my new tank and sump from Elite Aquatics. I know they make amazing tanks and I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product. Jason has promised me some pictures of the build for this thread and so I should have those soon. Sadly, by the time I actually get to start using this tank I may be competing for the slowest build ever.

As my house is not ready, I've got to store this bad boy and it's little brother for the next handful of months. I've also got to transport it safely home from Calgary and over the Rockies. Knowing this, I've built a crate to ship and store the tank in (an adventure all by itself). Just fitting the crate in my garage has made my wife and I realize how big this tank really is compared to little 70g I have now.

Anyways, I'll get some more pictures up in the next few days to bring this build back to life. :biggrin:

lastlight 07-13-2010 05:10 AM

Yeah even shots of the crate would be cool. I love all aspects of a big build!

mseepman 07-14-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 534308)
Yeah even shots of the crate would be cool. I love all aspects of a big build!

Well in light of such a suggestion, here is a pic of the crate I've made for transporting and storing this big tank until my house is ready.

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/r...g?t=1279120272

The wheels you see belong to a long flat dolly that I made which is not attached to the crate but only sits underneath it so that I can move it around my garage if necessary.

The piece you see on top of the crate is the base that I will be putting underneath the sump for the ride home from Calgary.

I will make sure to get pictures of us trying to load and unload the tank once I've got it.

lastlight 07-14-2010 03:21 PM

Sweet!

Just coat that badboy with some marine epoxy and you've got a plyBuild! You'll need to cut a porthole =)

mseepman 07-14-2010 03:42 PM

Haha...didn't think about a plybuild. hmmm...maybe two tanks in my future...lol.