Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Featured Tank (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   FTOTM March 2010 "lobsterboy" (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61752)

lobsterboy 03-04-2010 06:17 AM

wow guys n gals, thanks for kind words and modivation.

thank you thank you thank you.

yup, just the tunze skimmer, cleaned out every 2-3 days. the skimate is always thick and creamy, mmmmmmmm :lol:

I have cut my dosing abit, cut all doses by 1-2 drops for the past few weeks, to see if there is any change in colors, so far so good.

Kh and Ca, still keepin strong, 6tsp KH every night, and 7tsp CA every morning.

and, I am back on the coral snow, 2ml every morning, dosed with CA.

I havent used this in along time, and wanted to see if there would be anymore improvement to coral health with its use.

again, thanks everyone

lastlight 03-04-2010 05:20 PM

How do you add the 2-part John?

lobsterboy 03-05-2010 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lastlight (Post 498200)
How do you add the 2-part John?

Prior to dosing, I test the water and see where I am at for each level, then mix the apporiate dose with 2 cups ro water, let it sit for 10min then slowly add it 100ml at a time with 15-20min in between, I usally do this while I am geting ready for work in the morning, and when I get home at night the same applies.

Snappy 03-07-2010 09:48 PM

Hey John, congratulations on TOTM. Things are looking spectacular!!

Quote:

Prior to dosing, I test the water and see where I am at for each level, then mix the apporiate dose with 2 cups ro water, let it sit for 10min then slowly add it 100ml at a time with 15-20min in between, I usally do this while I am geting ready for work in the morning, and when I get home at night the same applies.
When I used to dose manually I drilled pin holes in the cups I used and set them on an eggcrate shelf on top of the sump so they would drip into the system slowly. You could do one (ca or alk) in the morning & one at night, or drip at opposite ends of the sump. Although it's rather a "ghetto" way to dose it worked quite well and I didn't have to baby sit the process. Anyway just an idea to save you some trouble.

fishytime 03-08-2010 03:16 AM

Duuuuuuuuuuuude!.........congrats der Johnny-bye.......well deserved for sure

ALBERTA REEF 03-08-2010 07:17 AM

John Boy Congrats!

lobsterboy 03-09-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snappy (Post 499187)
Hey John, congratulations on TOTM. Things are looking spectacular!!

When I used to dose manually I drilled pin holes in the cups I used and set them on an eggcrate shelf on top of the sump so they would drip into the system slowly. You could do one (ca or alk) in the morning & one at night, or drip at opposite ends of the sump. Although it's rather a "ghetto" way to dose it worked quite well and I didn't have to baby sit the process. Anyway just an idea to save you some trouble.

Thanks Greg, I am going to give that a try. It will probably save me some precious time in the morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishytime (Post 499323)
Duuuuuuuuuuuude!.........congrats der Johnny-bye.......well deserved for sure

yo yo Doug, thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALBERTA REEF (Post 499438)
John Boy Congrats!

Thanks Cory. I am lagging on getting those pics of the teatro tank up. everything is doing great.

lorenz0 03-09-2010 05:04 PM

looking good, guess your plans on moving to antarctica are going to be put off with this TOTM

lol awesome

lobsterboy 03-09-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorenz0 (Post 499887)
looking good, guess your plans on moving to antarctica are going to be put off with this TOTM

lol awesome

ahaha, GWAR and happy feet will just have to wait :razz:

thanks Lor

ALBERTA REEF 03-10-2010 04:40 AM

Thanks Cory. I am lagging on getting those pics of the teatro tank up. everything is doing great.[/quote]

Your welcome. No worries about the pics. It give the tank time to mature. Witch means better pics. :biggrin: