Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Warranty issues with Ford F350 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48054)

awa1979 01-06-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaz (Post 374651)
I'm ****ed that my government is throwing my tax dollars at the "Big Three". The cars are inferior to Japanese and have been for 25+ years now. Why do we continue to buy these lemons? It's not the labour as we have great Toyota and Honda plants in Ontario, it must be the design and corporate practices that result in continually poor products.

My extended family hasn't bought anything but Honda, Toyota and Mazda for many years now. Excellent cars.

Sorry for you troubles My2rotties.

I've never owned anything but GM vehicles and have never had an issue with any of them yet. I don't buy the domestic cars are crap , I don't see it with any of the vehicles I have owned from GM.

Slick Fork 01-06-2009 02:41 AM

I really don't want to see My2rotties request for help derailed here but this domestic bashing is really getting ridiculous...

GM has the most fuel efficient cars on the road period. Don't believe me, check the numbers and see who has the most models getting 35 mpg or more. JD Power and Associates consistently place GM and Ford products in their top lists. You want to talk advanced technology, the Chevy Tahoe Hybrid gets better CITY fuel economy then the toyota camry and the hybrid option only adds $6000 to the price (unlike the $10000+ price tag the hybrid option adds to toyota or honda models) The toyota Corolla is probably the single most recalled vehicle for the 2008 model year, put a corolla or camry side by side with their domestic competition (particularly the 2008 chevy malibu) and you would be floored in the quality difference. The Buick line beat out lexus in initial quality results.

Honda still makes a good product but Toyota has gone into the gutter while GM and Ford realized that the garbage they put on the road in the 80's and 90's needed to disappear. Chrysler makes an awesome diesel engine and the single best selling mini-van world wide. These are not vehicles that "nobody wants"

What do you think the Vancouver olympics will look like if GM goes under and can't provide the fleet of vehicles it is donating to the games, never mind the millions of dollars in straight up sponsorship money. After 9/11, the big 3 donated millions upon millions of dollars to fire department and victim relief funds, what did the japanese manufacturers do?

As far as the bailout goes, the taxpayers would lose the money if any of the big 3 collapsed as all those (grossly overpaid) factory workers would be defaulting on their homes/cottages/boat payments and riding the EI train. The money provided to the domestic automakers is a LOAN which will be paid back, not a gift.

Sorry for the sidetrack and best of luck with your new truck

Cameron 01-06-2009 02:49 AM

That's the pic I posted earlier

GreenSpottedPuffer 01-06-2009 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick Fork (Post 374819)
What do you think the Vancouver olympics will look like if GM goes under and can't provide the fleet of vehicles it is donating to the games, never mind the millions of dollars in straight up sponsorship money. After 9/11, the big 3 donated millions upon millions of dollars to fire department and victim relief funds, what did the japanese manufacturers do?

Better :D Maybe they could even cancel them!

Would make a heck of a lot of people happy here in Vancouver!

Why would Japanese Manufactures donate money to the US???

my2rotties 01-06-2009 02:58 AM

I might drive a Toyota but I love domestic cars. The retro Challengers, Mustangs and Camaros make my heart race. I used to have muscle cars and race them illegally years ago. I know not a law abiding thing, but fun none the less.

I am upset about my truck not being warrantied, but I do not wish harm on the big three. Yes, I drive an import, but I would love a flex fuel Chevy Tahoe. The FJ was affordable and what I felt was practical for my needs at the time. I tend to keep a vehicle for longer then I should, and felt the Toyota was the truck for me.

My husband's F350 is the back bone of our company. We NEED it to haul tools, materials and sometimes a trailer for the aforementioned. We need a reliable truck because if we cannot get to a jobsite, we don't get paid. In the grand scheme of things I wish we could just get the truck fixed and warrantied, but that is not going to happen. Now we have to walk away from it, and hopefully Advantage ford will do as they promised... I will see over the week what is truth and what is fiction. All I know is we have to have a replacement for the F350 in one form or the other.

I cannot begin to imagine if AMerican auto makers disappeared. I don't care what anyone says... it would be a disaster for so many reasons.

Slick Fork 01-06-2009 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenSpottedPuffer (Post 374832)
Why would Japanese Manufactures donate money to the US???

Because they sure don't mind taking money out of the states, it's probably one of their biggest markets. You would think that they would want to support the people who write their paycheques in a time of crisis. Volkswagen and Hyundai also contributed.

I wasn't trying to make the point to bash the imports per se, just trying to show that there are many good reasons to support home-made products. Here's a cut and paste of the email I got, it was a CNN report

CNN Headline News did a short news listing regarding Ford and GM's contributions to the relief and recovery efforts in New York and Washington after 9-11.

The findings are as follows.....

1. Ford- $10 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions of the same number plus 10 Excursions to NY Fire Dept. The company also offered ER response ! team se rvices and office space to displaced government employees.

2. GM- $10 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions of the sam e number and a fleet of vans, suv's, and trucks.

3. Daimler Chrysler- $10 million to support of the children and victims of the Sept. 11 attack.

4. Harley Davidson motorcycles- $1 million and 30 new motorcycles to the
New York Police Dept.

5. Volkswagen-Employ ees and management created a Sept 11 Foundation,
funded initial with $2 million, for the assistance of the children and victims of the WTC.

6. Hyundai- $300,000 to the American Red Cross.

7. Audi-Nothing.

8. BMW-Nothing.

9. Daewoo- Nothing.

10. Fiat-Nothing.

11. Honda- Nothing despite boasting of second best sales month ever in
August 2001

12. Isuzu- Nothing.

13. Mitsubishi-Nothing.

14. Nissan-Nothing.

15. Porsche-Nothing. Press release with condolences via the Porsche website.

16. Subaru- Nothing.

17. Suzuki- Nothing.

18. Toyota-Nothing despite claims of high sales in July and August 2001.
Condolences posted on the website
Whenever the time may be for you to purchase or lease a new vehicle, keep this information in mind. You might want to give more consideration to a car manufactured by an American-owned and / or American based company. Apart from Hyundai and Volkswagen, the foreign car companies contributed nothing at all to the citizens of the United States ...
It's OK for these companies to take money out of this country, but it is apparently not acceptable to return some in a time of crisis. I believe we should not forget things like this. Say thank you in a way that gets their attention..

dsaundry 01-06-2009 03:10 AM

Have you tried going over the dealerships head.Start by going to Fords customer services dept. They have one http://ford.ca/app/fo/en/customer_support.do

I will also explain that when you are dealing with them that if the frst person says "NO" ask for their supervisor..most importantly stay calm, if you get hot and start to yell and scream at them you are hooped for sure.
Had a buddy who was a service manager for a dealership and I asked him one time "what would it take to void somebodies wty?" His response was " It depends on how big of a jerk they are". Wish you luck in your quest.

mseepman 01-06-2009 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick Fork (Post 374839)
Because they sure don't mind taking money out of the states, it's probably one of their biggest markets. You would think that they would want to support the people who write their paycheques in a time of crisis. Volkswagen and Hyundai also contributed.

I wasn't trying to make the point to bash the imports per se, just trying to show that there are many good reasons to support home-made products. Here's a cut and paste of the email I got, it was a CNN report

CNN Headline News did a short news listing regarding Ford and GM's contributions to the relief and recovery efforts in New York and Washington after 9-11.

The findings are as follows.....

1. Ford- $10 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions of the same number plus 10 Excursions to NY Fire Dept. The company also offered ER response ! team se rvices and office space to displaced government employees.

2. GM- $10 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions of the sam e number and a fleet of vans, suv's, and trucks.

3. Daimler Chrysler- $10 million to support of the children and victims of the Sept. 11 attack.

4. Harley Davidson motorcycles- $1 million and 30 new motorcycles to the
New York Police Dept.

5. Volkswagen-Employ ees and management created a Sept 11 Foundation,
funded initial with $2 million, for the assistance of the children and victims of the WTC.

6. Hyundai- $300,000 to the American Red Cross.

7. Audi-Nothing.

8. BMW-Nothing.

9. Daewoo- Nothing.

10. Fiat-Nothing.

11. Honda- Nothing despite boasting of second best sales month ever in
August 2001

12. Isuzu- Nothing.

13. Mitsubishi-Nothing.

14. Nissan-Nothing.

15. Porsche-Nothing. Press release with condolences via the Porsche website.

16. Subaru- Nothing.

17. Suzuki- Nothing.

18. Toyota-Nothing despite claims of high sales in July and August 2001.
Condolences posted on the website
Whenever the time may be for you to purchase or lease a new vehicle, keep this information in mind. You might want to give more consideration to a car manufactured by an American-owned and / or American based company. Apart from Hyundai and Volkswagen, the foreign car companies contributed nothing at all to the citizens of the United States ...
It's OK for these companies to take money out of this country, but it is apparently not acceptable to return some in a time of crisis. I believe we should not forget things like this. Say thank you in a way that gets their attention..

I am not surprised by the numbers provided above. The "BIG 3" still tend to be the "big givers" when it comes to charities.

GreenSpottedPuffer 01-06-2009 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick Fork (Post 374839)

Because they are taking money out of the states? You do realize people WILLINGLY buy their products right? No one is forcing anyone to buy a car manufactured in another country...

Well I am American and will still buy an Audi every time. Best car I have ever owned. My father kept bugging me to try an Audi (He owns 3) but I kept resisting...now I have no idea why!

To be honest, I will never buy a car based on who is giving what to charity. I will also never support any of those big three after this bailout...I am giving them enough money as it is now...not willingly.

my2rotties 01-06-2009 03:54 AM

I never get mad or pitch fits about things... it just makes a person look like a moron in the end (unless you are fighting with the spouse:wink:)

I talked with the service manager today, then the dealership manager. The sales manager was sick today but I will be speaking with him tomorrow. They said we will all work something out... Hopefully that means I don't need to go to AMVIC or pursue this anymore then I need to after tomorrow.

Thanks for all the advise everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsaundry (Post 374841)
Have you tried going over the dealerships head.Start by going to Fords customer services dept. They have one http://ford.ca/app/fo/en/customer_support.do

I will also explain that when you are dealing with them that if the frst person says "NO" ask for their supervisor..most importantly stay calm, if you get hot and start to yell and scream at them you are hooped for sure.
Had a buddy who was a service manager for a dealership and I asked him one time "what would it take to void somebodies wty?" His response was " It depends on how big of a jerk they are". Wish you luck in your quest.