Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Filtration and Skimmer Specific (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   Rio Nano Skimmer (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28861)

andresont 02-21-2008 06:16 AM

Everything looks right on the pics.
Mine skim's better with higher water level.
Deeper intake does not differ much IMO, Because its already submerged. but surface skimming is the best way to pull proteins.
Tube "A" : i find it better when its just a notch lifted from closed (down) position.
"B" in my case is fully open.
one more thing, make absolutely sure to insert intake "U" tube completely down to the pump intake seat and make it tight.

Fenix 02-21-2008 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andresont (Post 303498)
Everything looks right on the pics.
Mine skim's better with higher water level.
Deeper intake does not differ much IMO, Because its already submerged. but surface skimming is the best way to pull proteins.
Tube "A" : i find it better when its just a notch lifted from closed (down) position.
"B" in my case is fully open.
one more thing, make absolutely sure to insert intake "U" tube completely down to the pump intake seat and make it tight.

finally someone! thank you so much!
i think thats my problem its not tight. i opened the A knob a tab and now i m getting air bubbles everywhere. i cleaned my filter pad thing and still air bubbles. any suggestions?

FishKisser 02-21-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenix (Post 303504)
finally someone! thank you so much!
i think thats my problem its not tight. i opened the A knob a tab and now i m getting air bubbles everywhere. i cleaned my filter pad thing and still air bubbles. any suggestions?

You shouldnt be turning the A knob....what you want to do is very slighting pull the tube that comes out of A up to allow air to flow down the tube.

Fenix 02-21-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishKisser (Post 303520)
You shouldnt be turning the A knob....what you want to do is very slighting pull the tube that comes out of A up to allow air to flow down the tube.

Wow it finally works!! Thank you so much!

Fenix 02-22-2008 11:01 PM

I m getting lots of airbubbles does anyone know how to get rid of them? i tried everything in the operators manual and still bubbles.

TJSlayer 04-08-2008 04:08 AM

Has anyone tried adding the aquaclear surface skimmer attachment?

I'm thinking of picking one up for mine to get surface skimming going as well.

Probably have to modify the tube a bit, but may not since it looks like a small diameter tube

FishKisser 04-08-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJSlayer (Post 316499)
Has anyone tried adding the aquaclear surface skimmer attachment?

I'm thinking of picking one up for mine to get surface skimming going as well.

Probably have to modify the tube a bit, but may not since it looks like a small diameter tube

Where can you get them? If they arent big I'd probably give it a try.

TJSlayer 04-08-2008 02:28 PM

Any aquarium shop seems to have them about $12-14

GregC 09-06-2008 12:32 AM

Impeller Mod?

Hi,
Sorry to drag this thread up from the murky depths but how do I do the impeller mod to make it quiet?
Not entirely sure what to superglue and don't want to stick bits together.
Thanks
Greg

ElGuappo 09-25-2008 06:35 AM

draging this thread up again i have just put aqua clear surface skimmer on this unit today. so far i have noticed a signifacant decline in the amount of clean wet skimmate. just ondering if anyoelse is tryingthis? thoughts?

PS i also have all water coming from overflow.