Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Aquatronica (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=264)
-   -   AQUATRONICA CANREEF OFFER (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118342)

trilinearmipmap 04-10-2016 05:16 PM

I am a bit confused by the Aquatronica website - there is and ACQ 115 and ACQ 130 listed on the comparison chart - with the ACQ 130 having an integrated wifi interface - but on the order page listing prices, there is no ACQ 130 unit - is this unit still available?

Also can you comment on how well this controller works with Mac OSX / iPhones - I live in an Apple house for better or for worse.

mrhasan 04-10-2016 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trilinearmipmap (Post 988424)
I am a bit confused by the Aquatronica website - there is and ACQ 115 and ACQ 130 listed on the comparison chart - with the ACQ 130 having an integrated wifi interface - but on the order page listing prices, there is no ACQ 130 unit - is this unit still available?

Also can you comment on how well this controller works with Mac OSX / iPhones - I live in an Apple house for better or for worse.

It's a web based environment for remote access so Apple environment should be not an issue.

trilinearmipmap 04-10-2016 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhasan (Post 988429)
It's a web based environment for remote access so Apple environment should be not an issue.

Thanks. Can you also answer the first part of the question?

mrhasan 04-11-2016 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trilinearmipmap (Post 988447)
Thanks. Can you also answer the first part of the question?

Not really sure about ACQ130 but pretty sure it is not available in North America.

Oh FYI, the touch controller (ACQ140) has web based and controller based programming (doesn't have any computer software or interface). ACQ115 is controller and PC based (with PC interface module) programming only and don't think MAC supports the PC software. But remote access is web based but you won't be able to program anything via web, just monitor and change plug state.

lyall12 04-12-2016 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trilinearmipmap (Post 988424)

I run Apple as well, and have it connected up fine now.

I have the 115. I like having the 115 as it has the ability to set much of it direct.

I did purchase the pc interface. I use VMWare Fusion with a windows install to run the pc interface part. Would be nice if they developed a Mac version of the software.

There are a couple of iOS apps. One free and one paid. The free one seems to work better and allows you to override power settings, see what's going on etc. This does require the web interface to work.

Overall, I'm finding it works very well and not having any trouble running with Apple.

OCEANVIEW ENTERPRISE 04-12-2016 05:10 PM

http://aquatronicastore.com/black-box-controller/

ACQ 130 = BLACK BOX
same as the touch controller with no display .

Hope this answers your question.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Bblinks 04-12-2016 07:47 PM

Need a review boys, thinking about changing from profilux to this unit.

mrhasan 04-12-2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bblinks (Post 988623)
Need a review boys, thinking about changing from profilux to this unit.

I will get a review up this weekend. Planned on doing this over the last weekend but got occupied by other things.

Bblinks 04-12-2016 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhasan (Post 988624)
I will get a review up this weekend. Planned on doing this over the last weekend but got occupied by other things.

Awesome! Thanks in advance.

fishmanty 04-13-2016 03:14 AM

Touch Review

I'm still getting my touch dialed in. I plan to make a review as well. As a teaser, I currently run a level float (programmed to an ato), pH, salinity, temp (my heater already had a temp controller on it so I programmed my unit to shut off for high temp as a backup). I also bought the leak detector (programmed to shut off the pumps to minimize damage), and the open source dimming module to context my rapidled modded hood to (Running a 28 gallon jbj nano). I have programmed one of the quick top buttons to shut off all pumps and skimmer to allow for feeding the anemones. So far so good. I'll try to get a more in depth review (but my only past experience was a reefkeeper years ago.

So far my only notable complaints are the wifi (It worked for access for a week and quit working via IP connection. I can still log in via wifi and my devices through the open ports) and the power bar. The plugs are so tight together that I bought 4" extension cord jumpers to make larger plugs work.

One could argue that I have gone overboars for a 28gal. The plan is too upgrade when we get the new house in July and move the controller there.