Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   POS Gyre - ready to put it in the garburator (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=117162)

Galizio 12-14-2015 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill@IA (Post 973908)
This could be a more sensitive issue and/or I certainly don't want to step on any toes. Contact me directly to discuss.

Ok , thank you for you help really appreciate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myka 12-14-2015 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gooly001 (Post 973906)
That's strange was your unit a Canadian warranty or USA? If you want I can PM you the direct Canadian number for contact.

Canada. Please do! :)

Kabong 12-14-2015 02:41 PM

I just wanted to say, as someone who works for a company that gets some of our products made overseas. We've had more then one product where we've designed a item, picked the materials, had a prototype made up, and approved for production.

Then when the product shows up parts/materials have been "subbed" with out our knowledge or approval.

Some times it makes a difference and sometime it doesn't.

At this point all your can do as a company is get a replacements out ASAP.

Aquattro 12-14-2015 03:40 PM

I keep coming back to this thread hoping for a video of a gyre in garburator

hillegom 12-15-2015 05:17 AM

Let it blend

Myka 12-15-2015 01:03 PM

:lol: For now I just have the old motor block with the cracked outer cord casing running it (it's not leaking any charge yet). I couldn't hold off any longer, I really needed more flow for my sticks! I have it running pulse at 50%. It's such a nice flow pattern. :)

Roskoreef 12-15-2015 01:31 PM

I've had a cracked cord on one of mine for almost 9mths and no issues yet lol

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Aquattro 12-15-2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 974089)
(it's not leaking any charge yet)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskoreef (Post 974097)
and no issues yet lol

So if you two stop posting suddenly, we can assume "yet" is over?? lol

Myka 12-15-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Why didn't you get it replaced on warranty? Everyone says the customer service is really good. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 974098)
So if you two stop posting suddenly, we can assume "yet" is over?? lol

Nah, it's low voltage. Just a tickle...compared to the freaking electrical attack I received last week from one of those Aquavista tanks... :eek:

mike31154 12-15-2015 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 974089)
:lol: For now I just have the old motor block with the cracked outer cord casing running it (it's not leaking any charge yet). I couldn't hold off any longer, I really needed more flow for my sticks! I have it running pulse at 50%. It's such a nice flow pattern. :)

Quote:

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

You folks have more faith in your safety running equipment in that condition than I. Yes, low voltage mitigates the risk of shock to you or your livestock, but there's also the risk of overheating, sparks or fire. Again, lower risk with lower voltage, but personally I wouldn't be tempting Mr. Murphy in order to get a certain flow pattern or let something like this slide for months. Capillary action is another $10 word I'll throw out there. With a cracked cord like that, there is the potential for moisture to creep along inside the cable, even working against gravity. I guess in this case it could make it's way back to the controller which may not be a big deal either. But if the outer insulation is poor quality, it's possible the inner wire insulation isn't much better, worse more likely. Short between the power wires inside the cable due to cracked insulation will still make a pretty good heater at 24 volts DC.

Anyhow, your tanks, your stuff. Hope we don't see you on this year's edition of the Darwin awards.