Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Polls (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   cerious how many use apex or reefkeepers (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=112783)

gobytron 03-31-2015 11:19 PM

ignorant here...
what does the full or gold offer over my jr?

Ginu 03-31-2015 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobytron (Post 943237)
ignorant here...
what does the full or gold offer over my jr?

JR
  • Fusion Ready
  • Includes Apex Jr Controller, Apex Display Module, Long-life Temperature Probe
  • Basic functions: Light Control and Temperature Control at a great price point
  • Cool Features: Internet Connectivity, phone and text alerts, over temperature protection, mobile phone and tablet access
Full
  • Includes Apex Base Unit Controller, Apex Display Module, Long-life Temperature Probe, Energy Bar 8 and Standard pH Probe
  • Fusion Ready
  • Basic functions: Light Control, Temperature Control and pH Monitoring, pH Port, pH/ORP Port, I/O Switch Input, 4 V Ports
  • Cool Features: Internet Connectivity, phone and text alerts, over temperature protection, mobile phone and tablet access
Gold

• Includes Apex Base Unit Controller, Apex Display Module, Long-life Temperature Probe, Energy Bar 8, Lab Grade pH, ORP and Conductivity Probes as well as the PM2 Salinity Module
  • Fusion Ready
  • Basic functions: Light Control, Temperature Control and pH Monitoring, pH Port, pH/ORP Port, I/O Switch Input, 4 V Ports

gobytron 03-31-2015 11:55 PM

Thanks Ginu.

it kind of looks like not much as far as functionality goes based on that.

Ginu 03-31-2015 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indreamx (Post 943236)
Im looking forward to fishbit. The only thing i wished apex could do is to give me readings on calcium. Magnesium and alk level. So i dont have to do those manually.

Oooo... that would be the day :) Reefing made easy..... a controller that measures the basica parameters... add Potassium to that list :)

With a controller and pumps you don't really have to dose daily:)
I typically check my parameters once a week or once every two weeks and change the frequency of my dosing pumps to handle the demand for different ingredients.

I do tend to measure my Alk quite frequently as Hanna made it super easy and it is a parameter which can easily affect the corals.

Ca should not fluctuate too much and i dose the same amount as the Alk as I use the BRS two part.

Mg is super easy to maintain as it typically doesn't fluctuate much. If you adjust the water change to the same as the display, then this should be a once a week dose, unless it needs to be raised more than 100, then it needs to be split.

Aquattro 04-01-2015 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobytron (Post 943244)
Thanks Ginu.

Without the variable ports, you can't run pumps and LEDs on profiles without buying an add on module. Power bar is only 4 outlets vs 8. Depends on what you need, now and in the future. The Jr is a good start, and you can add on if you need to.

Ginu 04-01-2015 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobytron (Post 943244)
Thanks Ginu.

It depends on what you're looking to run on it... for a Nano I think the JR is perfect, but if you start to add dossers to the mix, a PH probe and extra outlets is always nice... I only have a EB8 on my 120G system and another EB8 would be nice as I'm sure i can find a few things to run off the extra powerbar.
A EB4 which the JR powerbar is in my opinion not enough :)
On my EB8 I run the following:
1. return pump
2. light 1
3. light 2
4. BRS 1.1ml dosser with Alk
5. Skimmer and Tunze ATO
6. Avast Vibe for zeovit shaking
7. Heater (might actually switch this to a couple of fans as the summer is around the corner
8. BRS 1.1ml dosser with Calcium

So it all depends on what your needs are...

Doug 04-01-2015 02:16 PM

I bought the gold. Happy with the purchase, although I don't think the lab grade probes are a must.