Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Controller and Monitoring Specific (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   Apex General Questions (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=107796)

patman 07-07-2014 07:58 PM

I did, but not sure if it is really necessary. I just shut down the antivirus on the computer I was using to set it up. Then turned it back on afterwards. I don't remember if I did the firewall (I don't think I did). I think I just left it on and then allowed it through when it asked me. Might be different for you though as I'm running mine at work and through an Enterprise Server.

Doug 07-07-2014 09:17 PM

Ok. Thanks again.

Doug 07-16-2014 09:32 PM

Im trying to do my Apex networking for my iPhone. So far I have got to port forwarding. Says start & ending should be 80 but all mine has is all 0,s.
Thanks

patman 07-16-2014 09:58 PM

If you got fusion to work, then you don't need to do this. Don't use the app. Just use your browser and go the the fusion site and sign in. Much simpler.

Doug 07-16-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patman (Post 906292)
If you got fusion to work, then you don't need to do this. Don't use the app. Just use your browser and go the the fusion site and sign in. Much simpler.

Thank you. Im on the fusion site and signed in but cant link my Apex. Says click on link to fusion on dashboard but I done see that anywhere. :neutral:

patman 07-16-2014 10:58 PM

oh, you haven't linked it yet. I don't think you can do that from your iphone. Or at least I think it's easier from a computer. there is a utility file that is on the disk that came with the apex, that you run on a computer on the same network and it will find the apex. I can't remember if it connects automatically or if it gives you a code that you have to put in. The instructions are on the disk.

Aquattro 07-16-2014 11:18 PM

You also need to be running newer firmware to get the Fusion link button

Doug 07-17-2014 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patman (Post 906305)
oh, you haven't linked it yet. I don't think you can do that from your iphone. Or at least I think it's easier from a computer. there is a utility file that is on the disk that came with the apex, that you run on a computer on the same network and it will find the apex. I can't remember if it connects automatically or if it gives you a code that you have to put in. The instructions are on the disk.

Yes I was still on my Mac.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquattro (Post 906306)
You also need to be running newer firmware to get the Fusion link button

I updated it Brad, followed all the inst. on fusion. Still dont have a link button. Mine says communication error.

patman 07-17-2014 12:17 AM

Is link under your user name - click there (that's where it is now for me but I don't know if that's because it is already set up)?

You did the enable thing on the controller and got a token? You'll have to do it again as the other one should have expired.

Doug 07-17-2014 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patman (Post 906312)
Is link under your user name - click there (that's where it is now for me but I don't know if that's because it is already set up)?

Yes but its still telling me to link from my dashboard to get my token/

You did the enable thing on the controller and got a token? You'll have to do it again as the other one should have expired.

Sorry. What do I enable.

Thanks