Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Worlds Fastest Tank Build... (New Photos 1.26.2010) (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51449)

sphelps 04-07-2009 01:14 PM

Your stand is made from a small forest :shocked!: but I guess no more chances right? :wink:

Looks good, I bet you always wanted a 120 anyway.

Leah 04-07-2009 01:54 PM

If they replace the old tank does that mean your wife lets you keep both?!

Snappy 04-07-2009 03:13 PM

Glad you were able to save the day. Good luck with the new tank.

rstar 04-07-2009 05:16 PM

:wink:
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishytime (Post 408520)
So......how are things looking?

Sor far so good, i still need to rearrange some of the rock work but i seems everything is doing alright. I take some more pictures maybe tonight. My powder brown tang appears to have gotten a big case of the ich. Other than that everyone is doing alright!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 408527)
That's awesome!! I was scoping out that tank last time I was at Bayside...I guess I don't have to think about it anymore!! :lol:

Yeah i noticed it the last few times i was there as well, never thought i'd end up needing it though!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sphelps (Post 408594)
Your stand is made from a small forest :shocked!: but I guess no more chances right? :wink:

Looks good, I bet you always wanted a 120 anyway.

Yeah Steve, my wife gets scared pretty easy so we built the stand like a tank, and she told me, "next time this happens you are done! So we built it like a tank! The last upgrade i did was under similar circumstances, when we were moving into this house the last thing to get moved was my old 33gal, when we were lifting it off the stand the drain elbow got caught and caused the bottom pain to crack. So NONE of my ugrades have been a slow and easy process! And say who doesn't want an upgrade :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 408598)
If they replace the old tank does that mean your wife lets you keep both?!

LOL i wish!! I have to make up the money for buying the new tank somehow! This was a VERY unexpected purchase, and with our first baby coming in July, im sure we will need the money!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snappy (Post 408615)
Glad you were able to save the day. Good luck with the new tank.

Thanks Greg, this just means more room for SPS frags and another reef roadtrip to see you again in the future :wink:

Myka 04-08-2009 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstar (Post 408644)
Sor far so good, i still need to rearrange some of the rock work but i seems everything is doing alright. I take some more pictures maybe tonight. My powder brown tang appears to have gotten a big case of the ich. Other than that everyone is doing alright!

Acting like a typical "Powder" tang.

Skimmerking 04-08-2009 03:49 AM

nice tank man, i see your lighting is plain and simple just hang the pendants and a way you go its easier that way too.

love the rock work too....to bad you didnt have the tank like an island thou. viewed from 3 sides

BoYd'O 04-08-2009 03:51 AM

Well rstar it was a long night and on behaf of me and your other brother in'law, were just glad to help out, theres nothing like getting a phone call at 8am saying "MY TANK IS LEANING, AND I NEED HELP". Well i helped you place the 90 gal in there its only fitting that i took it out..lol I just wonder is james going to get the reefers bug like i did two years ago? Its looking great and i'm glad i was able to help. By the way... no more phone calls like that, i'm having bad dreams about my 75 bowfront lol.

BoYd'O

rstar 04-08-2009 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asmodeus (Post 408787)
nice tank man, i see your lighting is plain and simple just hang the pendants and a way you go its easier that way too.

love the rock work too....to bad you didnt have the tank like an island thou. viewed from 3 sides

LOL thats my old canopy from the 90gal. I have all the stuff to build a new canopy that fits this tank just havent gotten around to it yet! Having the tank be a peninsula whould have been ideal however my living room does not allow the space for it.

Myka 04-20-2009 07:32 PM

How are all the corals doing? Any bleaching? Did you get a cycle at all?

rstar 04-21-2009 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 412825)
How are all the corals doing? Any bleaching? Did you get a cycle at all?

The Corals are all doing great, i haven't had any bleaching or browning, still as colorful as they ever were. Ive never seen my clams do any better than they are now and my anemone is "happy as a clam". That being said this has been a devistating week for my fish. My PB Tang broke out in a massive ich infection. With a death a birth and a wedding in my family this past week i wasnt able to help him in time. He died and the ich spread like the plague, my lamrcks died, and yellow tang died, my blenny died, my goby died and one clown fish died. Its been a terribly sad week. The only fish i have left are a clown, a sixline wrasse and a damsel! :sad: The worst part about it is that i had to pull the rock work to get the tang and blenny out, they were both alive but too far gone. I had to have my brother in law come by and euthanize the fish for me. Ill post some pics tonight of the new rockwork and coral placement.