Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only) (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   FREE - Sailfin Tang for pickup at YYC airport (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=99700)

Borderjumper 08-06-2013 08:52 PM

Seems pretty black and white to me.

REMINDER TO TRAVELLERS:
Security measures for liquids, gels and aerosols
PERMITTED through pre-board security screening:
q Liquids, gels or aerosols in containers 100 ml / 100 g (3.4 oz.) or less.
These containers MUST be placed in one (1) clear, closed and re-sealable plastic bag no larger than 1 litre (1 quart).
ONE BAG PER PERSON.
Liquids, gels and aerosols include, but are not limited to, hand lotions, cleansers, moisturizers, suntan lotions, antibacterial gels, contact lens solution, shaving cream, perfume and cologne.
NOT PERMITTED through pre-board security screening:
q Unsealed, open or opaque plastic bags of any size q Liquids, gels or aerosols in containers with liquids, gels or aerosols in containers of any size. larger than 100 ml / 100 g (3.4 oz.).
EXEMPT from restrictions: Passengers must declare all such items to security screening authorities. Additional screening could be required.
q Baby formula, baby food and milk or juice if travelling with children two (2) years of age and under.

SanguinesDream 08-06-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borderjumper (Post 836188)
Seems pretty black and white to me.

REMINDER TO TRAVELLERS:
Security measures for liquids, gels and aerosols
PERMITTED through pre-board security screening:
q Liquids, gels or aerosols in containers 100 ml / 100 g (3.4 oz.) or less.
These containers MUST be placed in one (1) clear, closed and re-sealable plastic bag no larger than 1 litre (1 quart).
ONE BAG PER PERSON.
Liquids, gels and aerosols include, but are not limited to, hand lotions, cleansers, moisturizers, suntan lotions, antibacterial gels, contact lens solution, shaving cream, perfume and cologne.
NOT PERMITTED through pre-board security screening:
q Unsealed, open or opaque plastic bags of any size q Liquids, gels or aerosols in containers with liquids, gels or aerosols in containers of any size. larger than 100 ml / 100 g (3.4 oz.).
EXEMPT from restrictions: Passengers must declare all such items to security screening authorities. Additional screening could be required.
q Baby formula, baby food and milk or juice if travelling with children two (2) years of age and under.

Then please feel free to consult with the CATSA authority because when I called them prior to my travel, they said that as long as I had the proper importation permits, they are considered carry on and would be separately screened.

And that is exactly what the supervisor said when I arrived at security early to get pre screened, hence her suggestion and the trip to the UPS store. And then they changed their minds twice after that again.

Obviously you can train the CATSA staff on the CATSA legislation because they cannot read it as clearly black and white as you can.

reefwars 08-06-2013 09:17 PM

Well this turned out just the way i expected it would and like i said no sympathy when animals are involved i hope you learned your lesson .. .but i doubt you did...
:tsk:

Gl

acepumping 08-06-2013 09:52 PM

Im actually tired of seen this at the top of the forum page.. can we lock this somehow??

Midway 08-06-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwars (Post 836124)
Its not the same i bought a dog from germany only thing i needed was to pay taxes, they know a dog and its breed is easily found.

Plus dogs domt come in liquid

Well does it count they bring "liquid" inside....:mrgreen:

acepumping 08-06-2013 10:03 PM

Fine. One last post..
The morons at air canada shoulda just looked at the bag and saw the fu"*@#$ fish breathing to know it was just water. If your paper work was good, then it would be ok

Whiston 08-06-2013 10:17 PM

I think we're missing the bigger picture here people.

The real question is, what the heck am I going to do with 300ml of toothpaste to endanger national security?!?

And why is 300ml of toothpaste forbidden, but 10 separate tubes of 100ml are A-Okay?

Aquattro 08-06-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acepumping (Post 836203)
can we lock this somehow??

Hey, I can do that!!