Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   290G Peninsula Tank (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61961)

kien 12-18-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mseepman (Post 774615)
Haha...so what happened to your post count? Did I miss something?

Thanks for the compliments on the tank by the way. You wouldn't believe how true what you say is. So much so that my builder felt he needed to beef up my fireplace and my entire kitchen in order for the tank to not completely overshadow them from a feature perspective. Cost me lots of extra dough and time in the end because of that.

Brad turned on some feature to stop counting useless posts (ie, buy/sell, lounge, etc) in our post counts. As a result this is what I'm left with.

Seriously, from day one you've practically built your entire house AROUND the tank :lol: And there's nothing wrong with that!

lastlight 12-18-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 774618)
day one

I was such a spry young lad then.

kien 12-18-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mseepman (Post 774615)
my builder felt he needed to beef up my fireplace and my entire kitchen in order for the tank to not completely overshadow them from a feature perspective.

I can just imagine that conversation.. "so Mark, we have a problem with the build. No, not the tank, the house. I grossly underestimated its awesomeness. The tank is just so awesome that we will need to balance things out a bit more. I propose me make the fireplace more awesomer. As a result, we will also need to make the kitchen even more more awesomer. Thanks for understanding and sorry for the inconvenience."

mseepman 12-18-2012 04:36 PM

Haha....it totally went like that!!! Except he added in there somewhere that he hoped my wallet could take this kind of intense pain. I'm still struggling with it.

Delphinus 12-18-2012 05:49 PM

It's almost going to be a bit of a shame to see water get put in there because it's such a clean build. Think of it, the obligatory water stains, diatoms and slimes along the way of a tank cycle .....

..... "almost." In the end it can't help but be epic. :)

You must be happy that the wet phase can't be too far off now!

mseepman 12-19-2012 04:45 AM

I'm thrilled...if I survive moving the family. After all this time working on the tank...it's my last priority at the moment.

A better question is...why do people move after having children? Or maybe even better is...why do I have so much crap?

Ginu 12-19-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mseepman (Post 774909)
I'm thrilled...if I survive moving the family. After all this time working on the tank...it's my last priority at the moment.

A better question is...why do people move after having children? Or maybe even better is...why do I have so much crap?

I have two kids and I keep asking myself the same question... why so much crap???

mseepman 12-24-2012 02:56 AM

Well, we are in the new home...and exhausted. My fish room got the floors epoxied and I should be able to walk on them tomorrow. Got the closed cell foam for under the sump and will put them together tomorrow when I have help to move things around.

I know there should be pics but I'm too pooped for much right now.

gregzz4 12-24-2012 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mseepman (Post 776262)
I know there should be pics but I'm too pooped for much right now.

I'm pretty sure we'll all forgive you :wink:
Hope everything went well enough ... have a good Christmas in the new digs

rhody605 12-24-2012 03:51 AM

What a great time to move into your brand new house. First Christmas in the first week.

Also means the finishing of your tank setup is just around the corner.

Everything looks fantastic so far.

Mike