Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef Supplies (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   NEW Skimmer on the market (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98413)

mrhasan 09-10-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Vinci (Post 844240)
I have a mixed reef with heavy bioload on a 180 gal total water volume. What model do you recommend C02 or C03?

I would say CO3 for two reasons:

1. Not much of a difference in terms of price
2. Those skimmers are rated for light bioload and I always like to half the value for heavier bioload. One thing I did learn is "bigger the better" for skimmer. I used to think about over-skimming but apparently, its just a myth since we feed out tank properly (by that, I mean atleast once per day unlike many others who feed once every other day or less; for them, over skimming is not myth).

Just my 0.05 :)

blennie 09-10-2013 02:52 AM

i ordered a 3 for my 150. I plan sps I was told for a 150-180 range 8 inch dia body is what ya want

Reef Supplies 09-10-2013 11:54 AM

1000% agreed! If it fits, bigger is always better.

Ray

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhasan (Post 844242)
I would say CO3 for two reasons:

1. Not much of a difference in terms of price
2. Those skimmers are rated for light bioload and I always like to half the value for heavier bioload. One thing I did learn is "bigger the better" for skimmer. I used to think about over-skimming but apparently, its just a myth since we feed out tank properly (by that, I mean atleast once per day unlike many others who feed once every other day or less; for them, over skimming is not myth).

Just my 0.05 :)

Reef Supplies 09-24-2013 07:38 PM

UPDATE

Skimmers are landing and shipping on Thursday, September 26. All the pre-orders are covered and there are a few non spoken for CO1, 2 and 3. Please contact us BEFORE buying since we do not want to over sell. The next batch is 2 months away!

Thanks
Ray

Reef Supplies 09-26-2013 09:26 PM

UPDATE 2.0

Everyones pre-orders have been shipped! Thanks a ton to those who participated!

Still have some in stock, feel free to order :-)

thanks
Ray

Reef Supplies 12-07-2013 11:47 AM

Good morning,

We just received a nice shipment of CO1 and Co2. They are ready to ship!

thanks,

Ray

Brian Crook 01-06-2014 08:44 PM

Hi Ray,

I was just wondering if you had any new information on the next shipment of ConeS CO-3's.

If you recall I had attemped to order one as part of the Boxing Day sales (my mistake for not reading the availability thing on the website - just too excited I guess).

Since then I've been considering many other skimmer options but I just keep coming back to this one - it really does seem like a great mix of performance and value.

I may have to settle for a different and more expensive alternative, but was just wondering if Aquamaxx has provided you with a sooner shipment timeframe than originally mentioned.

Cheers, and thanks for the great savings on Boxing Day for my other merchandise!

Bugger 01-07-2014 09:17 PM

I also considered this skimmer but went with the vertex instead. Im really happy with the vertex. Just my two cents.

Reef Supplies 01-07-2014 09:24 PM

Sorry for the delay folks. We are still buried in Boxing Day orders.

B/O's

CO-1 and CO-2: ETA 4-6 weeks
CO-3 ETA 2-4 months :-(

The reason they are so delayed is because they nor we, can not keep them in stock. They are BY FAR the best bang for the buck.

Reef Supplies