Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lighting Specific (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Radions...ready to throw out the window (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=87250)

mike31154 10-15-2012 05:31 AM

Sorry I'm no help, but reading thru this I'm really beginning to appreciate my diy Led build with no bells & whistles. I run EcoTech pumps & am quite satisfied with their performance, but have always been a little leary of their LED lights. I think they may have rushed them to market in anticipation of less costly competition with similar features.

Coralgurl 10-15-2012 01:27 PM

And the weird thing today...the left light is now on this morning.:twised:

Douglas 10-15-2012 01:49 PM

Wow, what issues with those lights. I hope ecotech will help you out. Makes me question my disire to jump to LED.

Coralgurl 10-15-2012 02:01 PM

I like the LEDs but I am not such a fan of the radions anymore. For the amount you pay for them, you would expect much better performance, ease of programming and troubleshooting. I may consider selling them and going with something else. As far as ecotech's customer service, I've dealt with them in the past and they are great to work with, hopefully I hear back from them today!

Coralgurl 10-15-2012 08:51 PM

Spoke with Ecotech today. Figures there is something interferring with the 3 buttons on top of the unit. When I explained how my hanging fixture is set up, he thought that the metal bar on the top of the units may be causing the clicking and flashing. These buttons can be disabled in the programming, which I will do tonight. This makes a lot of sense now as it seemed at times, my programming would simply vanish and the lights would run their own program, ie, back to default.

Regarding the light not coming back on - the usb cable has to be completely unplugged from the light when unplugging the power. Its for surge protection of the fixture. I had unplugged the usb from my laptop, but left the cable hanging from the light.

The dust on the fans should not be a problem as they are designed for the environment they are in, but I am still going to wipe them down.

I guess I'm not selling these now...lol

reefgirl189 10-16-2012 03:18 PM

Sorry mrhasan, better luck next time ;)

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal around there Coralgurl.

subman 10-16-2012 03:25 PM

Good to hear! You know all the trouble I was having with mine came down to having the USB cable plugged in all the time. Now that I have it unplugged except to program they have been flawless. On a side note they are wayyy brighter than the AI Vegas

FishyFishy! 10-16-2012 03:27 PM

Sorry to hear of your troubles and hope it all works out for you!

BUT....if you do decide to throw them out the window... just send me a PM first so I can stand outside and catch them :lol:

mrhasan 10-16-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefgirl189 (Post 755256)
Sorry mrhasan, better luck next time ;)

Yah :cry:

Coralgurl 10-16-2012 04:35 PM

wow, the vultures start circling fast around here lol:mrgreen:

To be honest, the future of the tank is still being debated on the home front. I don't look at and go wow, I look at it and get very sad and frustrated. Don't get me wrong, the corals are doing fine, fish seem happy and growing. Working to get it to a year and then see what happens!