Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Calgary (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Calgary Reef meet. (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82232)

Lance 01-19-2012 10:27 PM

I'll be in Mexico. Guess I'll have to miss this one.
-30 in Calgary and +30 in the Mayan Riviera. I love you guys, but not that much. Adios!

NastayNatron 01-20-2012 01:26 PM

Im getting scuba certified when I get back. . . im changing jobs so ill finally have some free time to do it. Been wanting to for a long time!

sphelps 01-20-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NastayNatron (Post 673484)
Im getting scuba certified when I get back. . . im changing jobs so ill finally have some free time to do it. Been wanting to for a long time!

Too bad you can't go before. A little advice regarding diving in Cuba though, don't go unless you're certified and relatively experienced. There's no PADI dive shops and the shops I went to were sketchy to say the least and equipment quality is poor. Pretty much every dive something went wrong, I could see bad things happening to those not experienced with emergency situations. Might be better in some places but I doubt it.

NastayNatron 01-20-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sphelps (Post 673491)
Too bad you can't go before. A little advice regarding diving in Cuba though, don't go unless you're certified and relatively experienced. There's no PADI dive shops and the shops I went to were sketchy to say the least and equipment quality is poor. Pretty much every dive something went wrong, I could see bad things happening to those not experienced with emergency situations. Might be better in some places but I doubt it.

Thanks for the advice. I do not plan on doing any diving as im not certified yet but I purchased a decent snorkel set and plan on doing as much of that as possible!:mrgreen:

sphelps 01-20-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NastayNatron (Post 673495)
Thanks for the advice. I do not plan on doing any diving as im not certified yet but I purchased a decent snorkel set and plan on doing as much of that as possible!:mrgreen:

Yeah that's fun to, watch out for lionfish :lol:

globaldesigns 01-20-2012 04:00 PM

I'm in... But lets not make it the NORTH, if necessary central Calgary

Coleus 01-20-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by globaldesigns (Post 673515)
I'm in... But lets not make it the NORTH, if necessary central Calgary

I think Bull and Finch is in SE. AND I agree, need a central Calgary place. And pick a flames or UFC night

wayner 01-20-2012 11:09 PM

I'm in too- SE works for me - I'd prefer a Dancing with the Stars night, so I don't have to watch it with the wife

reefwars 01-21-2012 12:41 AM

im in too :) since i have no official life anytime will do im not picky, would prefer something central as well as im pretty much central lol:)

beer and food are a must though:)

anyone like kokos hehehe;P

reefwars 01-21-2012 12:42 AM

huh come to think about it greenland is far away from calgary ill have to leave now to make it soooooo see ya all in a week?? hehe:)