Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Chaloupa's 10 foot build (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65247)

Edmonton newbie 06-08-2010 12:56 AM

wow i think i need a 10 foot tank too looks great

Chaloupa 06-08-2010 01:46 AM

I will take some measurements in the next day or so...I think I actually get a day off tomorrow so will NOT be going anywhere near the store! But will grab some pics, and I'm totally LOVING the idea of a BIG external skimmer.....suggestions on ease of use and not too pricey? I was looking for one but can't find much from our "normal" reef shops......let me know!

Delphinus 06-08-2010 03:42 AM

Wow must be neat to see the chromis schooling in there. 10' .. that's some tank. :)

Chaloupa 06-08-2010 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asmodeus (Post 525318)
I would go with something like a huge beckett to power clean that baby Sarah..

OH Ya I told you and LAURIE before ,
SIZE MATTER's:lol:

Alright Mr. "I've pretty much tried EVERY protein skimmer" which would you recommend as an external and where the heck do I find it? Oh, and also, can you buy one, and hate it...then sell it to me for a really good price 4 weeks later????:lol:

Chaloupa 06-08-2010 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphinus (Post 525434)
Wow must be neat to see the chromis schooling in there. 10' .. that's some tank. :)

I think they get lost...they seem to school, then one or two will get left behind and will be on opposite ends of the tank...hmm maybe have to add more than 6 little Chromis!

Mrfish55 06-09-2010 03:37 AM

Congrats on the 10 footer gotta love a big tank, as for skimmers, Vertex is comming out with an external model of the cone that should be nice, I have installed a few of the internal models and they perform flawless and dead silent. Precision Marine will also custom build to your specs (that is what I am runing on the 750) a little pricey but very well made and mine performs extreemly well (I am pulling a gallon of liquid stench a day) and as stated it looks dead sexy all lit up.

Chaloupa 06-09-2010 05:47 AM

Soooooo, I bought an external skimmer today! It was listed here...and a friend sent me a PM to let me know..and what do you know, I bought it. It's a Becket MR2 that I will get the pieces for to mod so it skims even better! Pretty excited! Husband...well not so much but he'll love it in the end!

Chaloupa 06-09-2010 05:53 AM

Oooh, AND had a little box of goodies delivered today........and in it was...my teeny tiny little Orange Shoulder Tang! Thanks soooo very very much to Jeff at J&L for sending this little guy! Can't wait til he goes in!

christyf5 06-09-2010 02:58 PM

Ooh! We'll need pics of that :mrgreen:

Skimmerking 06-09-2010 03:24 PM

WOW one picture of the tank nothing else at least have some pictures of your tanks that you have going OMG and you call your self a 10 footer reefing lady, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:mrgreen: