Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   FOWLR (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Banana and broccoli (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37306)

hollywood 11-27-2007 04:31 AM

he did what in his cup

Hi I am wondering if you feed Tangs this combination and how often you feed it?

Salmon King 11-27-2007 05:11 AM

broc/banana

You can feed your tangs this as much as you want.I feed them this first meal in the morning then some frozen food at night

Der_Iron_Chef 11-27-2007 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salmon King (Post 283900)
Brocolli I use dehydrated.I had to buy 1000 dollars worth from the states .No where in Canada could I find it comercialy.You could also steam it because any other other way takes all the nutriants out.For banana I just break it into little pieces.

Wait a second....you bought $1000 worth of dehydrated broccoli?!!

Delphinus 11-27-2007 07:00 AM

I tried feeding some banana pieces again tonight because I wanted to see if my CBB would eat it. He ate ... well, maybe one piece. Which is more than I can say for any flake or pellet I've tried, so ... although it's pretty insignificant it's sort of momentous too. I might try again. Although he didn't eat any more pieces other than the first one, he just chased after them and then gave up when he realized it wasn't mysis.

Tang ate a couple pieces too, but not with a lot of gusto, more of a "what is this, is it good to eat?" curiousity.

Salmon King 11-27-2007 07:05 AM

ban/broc

Yes i had to buy 1000 dollars worth before they would send it.I have enough for 100 years though.I give alot away to friends and people i meet in the hobby.Cant take it with me.I tried really hard in Canada /even had the goverment trying to find some.Only in the USA

StirCrazy 11-28-2007 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salmon King (Post 283942)
You can feed your tangs this as much as you want.I feed them this first meal in the morning then some frozen food at night

hold on here... you feed your tangs? how are they suposed to eat the algae when you are keeping the full?

Steve

bulletsworld 11-28-2007 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Der_Iron_Chef (Post 283782)
I'm half tempted to throw a small chunk of banana in!

ROTF! :lol: :lol: :lol:

bulletsworld 11-28-2007 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Der_Iron_Chef (Post 283791)
How do you feed it? Just toss a chunk in and let it float around?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Der_Iron_Chef (Post 283952)
Wait a second....you bought $1000 worth of dehydrated broccoli?!!

I know I shouldn't be laughing but for some reason these posts are funny. Thanks for the late night laughs, Drew. :lol: Maybe it me invisioning this in my FO tank and what my puffers will look at me like.

I find this Banana thing very interesting though. Thanks for the post. Looking forward to hearing from others that have tried. I know in the past I have tried spinach and brocolli with little interest. Can't say I have ever tried banana though. :)

Der_Iron_Chef 11-28-2007 03:38 AM

Glad I can entertain. I'll be here all week....

:lol:

Salmon King 11-28-2007 03:56 AM

Laughing

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulletsworld (Post 284150)
I know I shouldn't be laughing but for some reason these posts are funny. Thanks for the late night laughs, Drew. :lol: Maybe it me invisioning this in my FO tank and what my puffers will look at me like.

I find this Banana thing very interesting though. Thanks for the post. Looking forward to hearing from others that have tried. I know in the past I have tried spinach and brocolli with little interest. Can't say I have ever tried banana though. :)

Did you you try to feed your fish raw brocolli .It is to hard for them.All my fish including my lionfish eat it .Why spinach.There is high iron in spinach.