Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Fish Recommendations and Order of Introductions - 28g --> 65g (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=131826)

davidcalgary29 04-21-2021 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dresden (Post 1049434)
After doing more research, I would not try to put 3 Firefish in a RSM 250. I may get 1 Purple Firefish though.

They're gorgeous fish. I put one in my Evo, and just love looking at it. The return flows are so high in my own RSM C250, though, that I'm afraid that it would have just been batted around in there.

I just have a multicolor angel and two captive-bred orchid dottybacks in my 250. I have a lawnmower blenny and fairy wrasse that'll be joining them after they finish quarantine.

Are your water cooling fans still working? Mine aren't, and I can't find replacement parts for them. Big Al's still has fan hoods, and I've picked some up. You might want to stock up if you need parts, as they're disappearing fast, and Red Sea has been REALLY unhelpful with the general questions that I've thrown at them about this system.

Dresden 04-24-2021 05:51 AM

I picked up the RSM c250 used and no hood. So far I've been happy with the progress and shouldn't need any official RSM parts.

Bought much cheaper return pump replacements, a bit strong though.

I really hate maintaining two tanks while I wait to take down my Nano Cube 28g. I need to find a Royale Grammar and a Leopard Wrasse before I can move over my 2 clowns and Damsel.

Not sure what to do with all the RBTAs I have as well :|

davidcalgary29 04-24-2021 07:04 PM

I'd check with New Dawn Aquaculture in Edmonton for the Royal Gramma; Mitchell may have one for you.

The Marine Experience, also in Edmonton, had a Leopard Wrasse listed a few weeks ago -- perhaps they still have it.

Dresden 04-24-2021 07:43 PM

Really appreciate the info, I'm not sure how I feel about fish by delivery. I don't want to stress them out anymore than they have been already. I'll look into it though.

davidcalgary29 04-24-2021 10:37 PM

Completely understandable. I had the majority of my fish shipped to me, and in the winter, as I'm a ten hour roundtrip from Edmonton.

Have you put in a specific request with Canada Corals? It seems like they'd be one of the better sources for you.

Dresden 05-17-2021 07:01 AM

Posting an update

Picked up a Royal Gramma and Yellow Coris Wrasse this weekend. Having trouble capturing the cleaner shrimp. Just just caught one after 2 weeks. The other is going to be even more difficult.

ORDER | FISH
1 Carpenter Flasher Wrasse
2 Tailspot Blenny
3 Purple Firefish
4 Sleeper Goby
5 Royal Gramma
6 Yellow Coris Wrasse
7 Clown Pair - Not Moved Yet
8 Violet Damsel - Not Moved Yet

Inverts:
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp Pair
Red Tuxedo Urchin