Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   POS Gyre - ready to put it in the garburator (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=117162)

Bill@IA 12-13-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gooly001 (Post 973869)
I've found that the Canadian distributor for Maxspect are very quick in shipping out the replacement parts. Usually got mine within a couple days of registering probpem. Maybe some lfs are dealing with coral vue directly and therefore logistics to get parts are a bit more of an effort due to shipping and cross border paperwork?

That is correct. Maxspect CANADA handles Canadian Warranty only. Most authorized Canadian Maxspect Dealers, such as ourselves, have these parts in stock and instructions from Maxspect Canada to ensure the shortest possible delay time for customers.

Gooly001 12-13-2015 10:04 PM

+1 on the Canadian side of Maxspect.
They've even shipped me free of charge the new vibration mounts when feed back was given that G1 were loud. Definetly a brand that's very customer service oriented at least in the Canadian side of the border.

mike31154 12-13-2015 11:39 PM

What good is any kind of customer service when the product is of such sketchy quality in the first place? All the new parts in the world are no good if they don't fix the issue at the manufacturing level.

Bill@IA 12-14-2015 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike31154 (Post 973895)
What good is any kind of customer service when the product is of such sketchy quality in the first place? All the new parts in the world are no good if they don't fix the issue at the manufacturing level.

They did fix the issue at the manufacturing level. The cracking wire issue was only a problem with the first run of units produced. New motors were provided to the distributer and dealers for quick replacement purposes and new anti-vibration mounts were sent to end users, of that first batch, that wanted them. The second manufacturing run. of GYRE 150s, were already being shipped with the upgrades and the newly released XF130s included the upgrades from the start.

Myka 12-14-2015 12:09 AM

Well that's what I heard too! Which is one of the reasons why I wanted to try the Gyre out. I sent a ticket to Coralvue on Saturday just in case they can help. So far, no reply from Canadian.

Bill@IA 12-14-2015 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 973902)
Well that's what I heard too! Which is one of the reasons why I wanted to try the Gyre out. I sent a ticket to Coralvue on Saturday just in case they can help. So far, no reply from Canadian.

Myka, just contact me if you want help. The Canadian distributer had been in China and may not have received your email at the time you sent it. I will be happy to help out. Have your receipt and serial # handy, so I can get this fixed for you tomorrow.

Galizio 12-14-2015 12:13 AM

So , I don't have the receipt anymore, how should I deal with this ?

About coral vue, I already try to contact them, but they can't do nothing about it,when I contacted them they just send me the Canadian contact info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gooly001 12-14-2015 12:14 AM

That's strange was your unit a Canadian warranty or USA? If you want I can PM you the direct Canadian number for contact.

Galizio 12-14-2015 12:16 AM

Mine is Canadian warranty, but without receipt I do not think they can do much about it,
Been waiting a few weeks to ear back from them

Bill@IA 12-14-2015 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galizio (Post 973905)
So , I don't have the receipt anymore, how should I deal with this ?

About coral vue, I already try to contact them, but they can't do nothing about it,when I contacted them they just send me the Canadian contact info

This could be a more sensitive issue and/or I certainly don't want to step on any toes. Contact me directly to discuss.