Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef Supplies (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Another disappointment with Reef Supplies (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111579)

Reef Supplies 01-16-2015 01:58 PM

Guilty, mihai was indeed delayed and we do apologise for that. We understand that everyone wants their order yesterday but delays at that time of the year are expected.

Your order was placed on Monday, December 29 at 17:15. One of your items was marked as "Availability, 3-6 days" The week of the 29th was the week after boxing day so its safe to say that most of our items were sold out. Hence the "3-6 day Availability". Not only that, we (and the rest of the world) were closed for two days of that week, 31st and the 1st. Things only got back to normal on the following Monday, January 5th.

I wont even get into the fact that we had an order increase of 400% that week. Obviously that's not your problem, it is our problem and up to us the get order out. You must however keep in mind that the 3-6 days does not factor in weekends nor holidays.

On January 5th you emailed us asking why your order was on hold amd why you had been charged. We replied with

"You will notice that some of the items are marked as "3-6 days". The 3-6 days does not include holidays nor weekends. Since last week was New Year's Day, delays have to be expected.

All orders will ship this week either Thursday or Friday.

As for your credit card. It is charged as soon as you made your purchase. Our bank does not know stock levels.

Please let us know if you uneasy about that and we will have account refund your card. If that's the case, you will have to place your order again
."

Our mistake was in that reply was telling you that "All orders will ship this week either Thursday or Friday". Unfortunately the holidays played a huge role in shipment arrival times. It arrived Friday, January 9th and arrived to late for us to unbox, sort and ship.

Monday, January 12, your order was shipped and as promised, we upgraded your shipping for free.

Canada Post is stating - 2015/01/16 06:30 CALGARY Item processed at local delivery facility . Your order should arrive today.

As I said in my email, We do not hold orders for spite or because we neglect our clients. If orders are being held, its due to stock issues. No matter how much stock we carry (and believe me when I tell you that we carry a s**t load of stock. Enough to sustain 2 huge retail sites, a brick and mortar store and a wholesale division)., there will always be an order here and there that will be missing an item.

What is important for us is that we notify you. Be it on our website, by email or by phone.

I once again apologise for the unfortunate delays.

Threads like this are important to us. We need to know what you are thinking and feeling in order to better ourselves and to make sure that EVERYONE is satisfied.

Happy reefing,

Ray

Myka 01-16-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reef Supplies (Post 930851)
Threads like this are important to us. We need to know what you are thinking and feeling in order to better ourselves and to make sure that EVERYONE is satisfied.

Happy reefing,

Ray

:thumb:

SeaHorse_Fanatic 01-16-2015 05:03 PM

Thank you Ray for your input & explanation.

gobytron 01-16-2015 05:15 PM

I would be really irritated by this too...especially the second time around.

Then quickly quite happy when the shipping became free.

things happen in commerce, it's all about what steps the party responsible takes to rectify it.

Threads like this are one the main reasons I frequent sites like this for all of my hobbies.

Seriak 01-16-2015 05:29 PM

Ray has always gone above and beyond when something got screwed up on my order. I don't buy from anywhere else anymore. Too bad he doesn't sell turtle food.

ronau 01-16-2015 05:45 PM

I usually check on their website first for availability of products and only look elsewhere if they don't carry it or it's out of stock.

Pike 01-16-2015 05:49 PM

Great customer service and fast shipping no complains from my experience , Ray is cool

acepumping 01-16-2015 06:07 PM

WOW! Sounds like a+ service to me. Everybody makes mistakes.. it's owning up to it that makes you the better person..

Madreefer 01-16-2015 07:38 PM

I too have ordered from Ray and no complaints at all. Good service

ongquang21 01-16-2015 10:34 PM

By reading through all of messages, I feel you guys are still alot luckier than me.
I ordered a skimmer pump from socalltrophicaloutlet on Dec 04 but got not even a hold on the seller. Now I have to contact my Mastercard and PayPal to dispute it, very frustrated! My old pump is one day on, one day off but I'm trapped and unable to order another one.
So be happy with Canadian suppliers. Whatever happen, We still have away to communicate; not as my case.