Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Controller and Monitoring Specific (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   Apex General Questions (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=107796)

StirCrazy 06-22-2014 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 902830)
Are there longer ethernet cables, so you can hard wire further away?

Thanks

yup

Doug 07-01-2014 07:22 PM

Everyday I figured one more thing out. :lol: Have both power bars labelled and operating now finally.

So I purchased the break out box but forgot to order the two float switches. I put my Osmolator on the sump for now. Do you guys think the Apex two float system is better than my Osmolator?

Doug 07-01-2014 07:59 PM

And has anyone switched from the regular dashboard to Fusion. When this is done do I loose all I have programmed the last week or so ? :lol:

patman 07-02-2014 02:31 AM

You shouldnt loose anything. You can always back it up just in case.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

whatcaneyedo 07-03-2014 02:06 AM

The Apex with two float switches and a maxi-jet ATO was better than my Tunze ATO... I don't know if it will be better than yours. It depends on how well your Tunze is currently operating.

Doug 07-03-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patman (Post 904691)
You shouldnt loose anything. You can always back it up just in case.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ok thanks. Im trying to figure out my Time Machine for backing up files. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatcaneyedo (Post 904796)
The Apex with two float switches and a maxi-jet ATO was better than my Tunze ATO... I don't know if it will be better than yours. It depends on how well your Tunze is currently operating.

Thanks. I think I will eventually switch,{no pun intended}. My Tunze is working perfectly at the moment. Its protection for when Im away that worries me.

Simons 07-03-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 904649)
And has anyone switched from the regular dashboard to Fusion. When this is done do I loose all I have programmed the last week or so ? :lol:

I run both, creating a fusion account does not result in any loss of access by any other means. Just 'another' way (and maybe an easier way) for people to set up their APEX.

JDigital 07-03-2014 09:09 PM

The Tunze Osmo is great... but I would say you have more control over your top-off system if its controlled by your Apex rather than a stand-alone system. That's just my opinion though.

Doug 07-04-2014 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDigital (Post 904879)
The Tunze Osmo is great... but I would say you have more control over your top-off system if its controlled by your Apex rather than a stand-alone system. That's just my opinion though.

Its a good opinion Josh. I will likely order the floats as I already bought the break out box for some reason. :smile:

Doug 07-07-2014 07:28 PM

Did you guys disable firewalls and anti viris to load Fusion?