Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Our Mods ( and Canreef ) deserve better ... (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100269)

The Guy 08-28-2013 03:29 PM

:whoo:Hats off to all the mods here on canreef I think they do a terrific job IMO.

kien 08-28-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishyFishy! (Post 841367)
Totally agree. Some people are just ignorant

what's going on?? what did I miss??

christyf5 08-28-2013 05:34 PM

Thanks guys. I kind of needed this. Hats off to our members, thanks for making this the great online reefing community that it is :mrgreen:

Dont forget Doug and Ryan. They may not be a "presence" but they're in the back forty somewheres. And Kien is doing a marvelous job with the POTM, I think we'll keep him :wink:

Oh and Titus, he's off in outer space :razz:

Sunee 08-28-2013 10:02 PM

Another hat off to the work of the mods. This site and the people are great!

Cal_stir 08-28-2013 10:33 PM

This is a GREAT forum, lets face it, not even GOD can please everyone.
Good job by ALL the volunteers.

kien 08-28-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 841454)
Dont forget Doug and Ryan. They may not be a "presence" but they're in the back forty somewheres.

Ryan and I had a nice picnic in the back forty last weekend. :biggrin:

Kraken 08-29-2013 12:39 AM

Yeah, the mods here are definitely hard at work. Most of the time, I get responses to whatever questions I have within the hour...which is pretty damn amazing...Keep up the good work guys! :mrgreen:

ensquire 08-29-2013 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Codfather (Post 841429)
I think some people need to remember a few things...
I don't recall paying anything for the use of the forum.
I've benefitted greatly from using it, both in knowledge asked and left by people.
The ability to buy and sell both new(from venders) and used from other members.
I've met a lot of great people, willing to help out in a pinch. Whether it be feeding my fish and watching the tank while I was gone, or just sitting around BSing. A few of the people I've met through Canreef are now some of my closest friends.
If there's a need, and for me there has been on one or two occasions. Where a mod has had to step in and help and diffuse a situation, they're there quickly.
Some people have forgotten this, and seem to think that this forum is there own personal tool that should bend to their every wish.
I'd like everyone to think for one moment about this. What if this forum was to suddenly stop. Shutdown indefinitely. Then what? Where would you go to get the information and guidance that we've all used from this site at one time or another?
This forum, regardless of what others have said in the recent past, is possibly the best forum in Canada.
Here's what I think. If you think that things on this forum are that bad, move on.
And remember, this site doesn't run itself. The mods are the backbone of this forum and are needed.....

Total agreement

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 841442)
what's going on?? what did I miss??

Squirrels again ?????????????????

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishyFishy! (Post 841431)
Well said. Well said.

I wouldn't know what to do with all of my spare time at work if Canreef were to suddenly dissapear... I would go nuts. Youtube can only provide me with so much entertainment!

My work nights would be so painful without Canreef I would have to find a job that kept me busy :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

gregzz4 04-30-2015 03:41 AM

I wanna bring this up again

Our moderators/admins work for FREE to keep this site running

We need a 'Hug Your Moderator' day

And I say it's every Monday, or Friday, or whatever

Thanks for fixing my post, you mod you :biggrin:

Doug 04-30-2015 04:02 PM

:hug: