Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Polls (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   fish vs coral poll (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=100031)

sunoka 08-26-2013 08:23 PM

Both for me

I feel they need each other...both for me:biggrin:

91Atrac 08-31-2013 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorjef (Post 839242)
Coral, a fish is a fish is a fish. Tell someone that all the corals in the tank are alive, that they eat meaty items, can move, kill each other and eat fish. Those tidbits really get people's attention. They don't even see the fish after that. Lol.

Funny to see people's reactions when they know its ALL alive. Feed them and they want a tank like that hahha. So funny to me. But then they wouldn't take care of it.

If have a refugium. Even tho it's not in the option. The bugs that live with it is awesome. Pods :)

Proteus 08-31-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 91Atrac (Post 842032)
Funny to see people's reactions when they know its ALL alive. Feed them and they want a tank like that hahha. So funny to me. But then they wouldn't take care of it.

If have a refugium. Even tho it's not in the option. The bugs that live with it is awesome. Pods :)

Lol I've had people ask if coral is rock, plants. You name it

91Atrac 08-31-2013 02:16 AM

Well literally everything is alive aside from the rock matter itself. Algae, coralline. It's so fascinating!

Dearth 08-31-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus99 (Post 842035)
Lol I've had people ask if coral is rock, plants. You name it

Everyone who comes to see my tank is amazed to see what coral actually is they never expect it to be what it is

Wheelman76 08-31-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dearth (Post 842038)
Everyone who comes to see my tank is amazed to see what coral actually is they never expect it to be what it is

+1 so true , " Those things are alive !?!?" Lol

BackPackHunter 12-11-2013 05:34 AM

I've been out of the hobby for over 4 years now...
I love corals, but I really miss the fish, how they come to the front when you walk into the room, I like that each and every fish has it's own personally like a person. Some become very tame, some don't ...
I thought I wanted a true reef tank on my next tank, but after talking with the wife last night I'm going fish, and working around the main ones on what I can have for corals,

I'm going to have a French & Emperor Angel, n maybe a clown trigger, n a mix of tangs
The better half said she wants clown fish again
My wife likes the fish more then coral, so if I can keep her into it, the better off the tank will be, if she doesn't like it, then I know I'll hear about the $ going into it.... Well I know I'm still going to hear about it ....

Leah 12-11-2013 10:25 AM

I would have both...and do...and then some. :twised:

Leah 12-11-2013 10:37 AM

Can't have cake without the icing.

straightrazorguy 12-11-2013 03:37 PM

Kien here too; I just can't have one without the other...