Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Contest Rules and Guidelines Thread. (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45249)

ElGuappo 10-19-2008 04:32 PM

AS long as they are up and running by first pic day and get the fee in asap im ok with it.

rocketlily 10-19-2008 07:16 PM

I agree. There should always be room for one more. Right?

JDigital 10-19-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by don.ald (Post 353255)
no late entry fee eh!

You knew about the contest back in sept... there really shouldn't be any reason to need to join late...

If you get your entry fee to me 10pm Monday Oct 20, I'll let it slide.

superduperwesman 10-30-2008 05:20 AM

you should be able to buy into the contest later for more money :)

JDigital 10-30-2008 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superduperwesman (Post 355949)
you should be able to buy into the contest later for more money :)

They gotta pay for my time too then... keeping track of everyone the first time was enough.. I don't want to be doing it for the next couple months. :)

superduperwesman 10-30-2008 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDigital (Post 355953)
They gotta pay for my time too then... keeping track of everyone the first time was enough.. I don't want to be doing it for the next couple months. :)

Ok Ok I get it you're afraid of the competition :D ahah

Next time I guess :(

sphelps 10-30-2008 02:17 PM

If Wesman wants in you gotta let him in, just for the pure entertainment :razz:
I say if someone can get water in their tank by Nov 15th and have the entry fee submitted let them in, the more the better.

superduperwesman 10-30-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sphelps (Post 355996)
I say if someone can get water in their tank by Nov 15th and have the entry fee submitted let them in, the more the better.

Yeah I agree with him^ :puppydog:

Der_Iron_Chef 10-30-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sphelps (Post 355996)

Just to play devil's advocate here (because it really doesn't affect me in any way!), would you let people submit photo contest entries well after the closing date? What's the point in having a cut-off? What if someone wanted to join in December?

sphelps 10-30-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Der_Iron_Chef (Post 356010)
Just to play devil's advocate here (because it really doesn't affect me in any way!), would you let people submit photo contest entries well after the closing date? What's the point in having a cut-off? What if someone wanted to join in December?

Well obviously not if voting had already begun, if voting had not already started I would for sure so yes. I would even let people submit after voting had started if I had the power to edit polls which I don't.

I understand the need for cut offs but there are still other members who haven't really setup their tanks yet and since the 15th of Nov is the deadline to have water in the tank I see that date as more of a cut off. Plus who does it really hurt?