Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lower Mainland (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Local Shops (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=119140)

duncangweller 05-27-2016 08:37 PM

Paul's Aquatics behind Costco in Surrey. I haven't been there for a while but they usually sell fish and corals.

Animal-Chin 05-27-2016 08:47 PM

Pet Lovers is still open and has a fairly large salt section. Lots of fish and usually a good selection of coral. I have a bunch in my tank from them and all the fish have done really well. Worth a trip a few times a year IMO.

Was at Pauls a few weeks ago too and they had almost no coral, just a few softies and hardly any fish. Some clowns, damsels, that sort of thing. A couple of naso tangs. Small store with a little salt section, I'd never go back.

BCOrchidGuy 05-27-2016 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatcaneyedo (Post 989086)
King Eds is also in Burnaby. Buckets of salt always seem to be little cheeper there.

I used to be a hard core King Ed fan, now the service is worse than ever and prices are crazy.

J&L is almost always cheaper on everything PLUS they know their stuff

KPG007 05-27-2016 10:42 PM

There is also Petland in Langley. I know they were trying hard with salt when I was there last, but that was about a year ago.

If you do decide to visit a few people for corals in Surrey, pop by my place. I have lots to choose from.

Riggsy 05-28-2016 04:44 AM

Local shops

!!!! re Kelly's corals (aka KPG007). Nice guy to talk to and great selection of corals!!!!!

duncangweller 05-28-2016 01:37 PM

Petland isn't really worth the trip. They have a handful of dying corals, 3 fish and a snail. They have a large tank set up but have never really done anything with it.

The fish guy there told me they don't have the budget to start the salt section for a long time to come.

trilinearmipmap 05-28-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarDog (Post 989128)

for fish go see Kevin at Net Caught Marines Direct (FB)

I have never heard of this place and the Facebook page did not have any up to date information - can anyone elaborate?

WarDog 05-28-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trilinearmipmap (Post 992468)
I have never heard of this place and the Facebook page did not have any up to date information - can anyone elaborate?

Did you try contacting him?

rishu_pepper 05-28-2016 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riggsy (Post 992407)
Just tried to access pet lovers website - down or doesn't exist. tried calling a few times - busy signal.

Apets in richmond - website looks like a dog & cat pet store.

????

Pet Lovers has a relatively well-kept Facebook page.

Apets has a small selection of SW fish and corals.

GMGQ 05-29-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riggsy (Post 992407)
Just tried to access pet lovers website - down or doesn't exist. tried calling a few times - busy signal.

Apets in richmond - website looks like a dog & cat pet store.

????

Apets is reaaaallly hit n miss (99% miss!). You gotta go when he gets a new shipment so u can save those animals before they are released into those toxic tanks. Otherwise, standard stock is very lacking, and frankly not worth a random visit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk