Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How to Kill Purple Clove Polyps DIE! DIE! DIE! :) (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66684)

mohammadali 06-14-2012 08:48 AM

dont kill em give me some of it ;)

2bafish 06-14-2012 04:47 PM

Il take a bunch from you.

Norstar 06-15-2012 12:02 AM

Hey everybody. I've had lots of inquiries regarding the purple clove polyps. Oddly enough, I feel like I have some type of moral responsibility not to sell them to anyone....

Just kidding! There were only a few left over. I thought I had eradicated my tank of them. But as usual, they keep popping up

Regretfully, if I do find more, they will be "terminated"

Aquattro 06-15-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norstar (Post 724234)
I feel like I have some type of moral responsibility not to sell them to anyone....

I agree, I wouldn't give these to anyone unless I really disliked them.

RuGlu6 06-15-2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohammadali (Post 724133)
dont kill em give me some of it ;)

Hey Mohammadali if you end up getting some for yourself, pls get some for me, i will pay you $5 for a frag.
Thx

MMAX 06-15-2012 01:24 PM

The people asking for these damn things may really be asking for it. I don't think they know what they are getting into. Do your research people. If you think you can contain them on a single piece of rock think again. Soon they'll start popping up where you don't want them and then start to take over.

Aquattro 06-15-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMAX (Post 724314)
The people asking for these damn things may really be asking for it. I don't think they know what they are getting into. Do your research people. If you think you can contain them on a single piece of rock think again. Soon they'll start popping up where you don't want them and then start to take over.

I started with 2 polyps on a frag. Now almost every inch of exposed rock is covered in them. There's no way I can thin them or remove them. Do NOT let these things into your tanks!!

mohammadali 06-15-2012 06:16 PM

hey be generous give us this gift :D
anything i bought they dont grow anywhere else in my 29biocube

RuGlu6 06-15-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMAX (Post 724314)

I already have one kind in my tank and would like to have another whats wrong with that?

Where is that line in the sand that we draw between a nice healthy coral that is thriving and it being a pest?

We complain about something is Not growing and then we turn around and complain about something growing too fast....
If these are showing nice color i want them, i just don't have time to drive to OA.
My first reef tank was set up 14 years ago, and few after that, i think i can decide what i want in my tank :smile:
BTW i used to have a lava sea urchin that eliminated cloves with lightning speed that is why i sold it, because i like cloves!

If anyone from Coquitlam area or so will be going to get some please bring some for me as well
thx.

Aquattro 06-15-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuGlu6 (Post 724389)
Where is that line in the sand that we draw between a nice healthy coral that is thriving and it being a pest?

To me, that line is when something's growth is uncontrollable. This stuff has spread to every rock in a 180 in a few months. The line got crossed..:razz:

You can't peel chucks off like GSP, or other polyp formations. They're individual little pests all over everything.