Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Chase31's 50 starfire aquascape reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81406)

Chase31 12-29-2011 07:54 PM

Ill pm you. Ill get that fitting changed do a water change and watch to make sure theres no mini cycle

Chase31 12-31-2011 11:06 AM

So new tests
Ph-8.2
Ammonia-0.6-1.2 (lower side)
Nitrate-0
Nitrite-0

I belive the ammonia is dude to the snail carcus i didnt find till this morning. Nitrate and nitrite are 0 as they should be as the rock is already cycled and im already dosing with prodibio. And was before as well. Trip tommorow to get a bigger return pump maybe proper return and some carbon for my sump and a plastic ball valve for my overflow. Water is in the rubbermade circulating for a 40% tommorow after changing the fitting.

fishytime 12-31-2011 04:22 PM

Looks to me like the overflow is a herbie style....I'd go with a gate valve, not a ball valve.... Costs way more but will save you a tonne of headaches....

Skimmerking 12-31-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase31 (Post 666277)
So new tests
Ph-8.2
Ammonia-0.6-1.2 (lower side)
Nitrate-0
Nitrite-0

I belive the ammonia is dude to the snail carcus i didnt find till this morning. Nitrate and nitrite are 0 as they should be as the rock is already cycled and im already dosing with prodibio. And was before as well. Trip tommorow to get a bigger return pump maybe proper return and some carbon for my sump and a plastic ball valve for my overflow. Water is in the rubbermade circulating for a 40% tommorow after changing the fitting.

just so you know 1 snail isnt going to cause that much of a spike in a 50 gal. might be something else is thatold sand from some one or all new rock and sand.

Chase31 12-31-2011 09:43 PM

Sand is new base rock is new live rock was from an established system across the room (all in sump) thanks for advice will get a gate valve, dont mind spending a lil extra. There were two large snails ans they were both in there a few days also the fish stayed over night till i scooped them out

Chase31 01-01-2012 09:08 PM

Did a 20G water change changed the fixture out (ball valve, couldnt find a gate valve). Skimmer started to skim normally again for a while, now it wont make foam again, going to go test and probobly start mixing up another 20g for another change (all i can do at a time right now). Also got 2 carbon bags in the baffles to get the most flow

Chase31 01-02-2012 12:49 AM

Tested ammonia again and its still high will keep doing water changes

Chase31 01-02-2012 07:48 AM

Also going to move my return to the middle and my skimmer to the return section and T'ing my overflow to put most of the return in the skimmer section leaving me with a slow flowing refugium where my skimmer is, and a larger water reserve in the return section.

Reefie 01-22-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Codfather (Post 665664)
Hey door is always open man.
Still no skimmer has shown up yet. Doubt it will.

And yes....."Chive on"

Can I borrow a skimmer indefinitely also? Haha J/K!

P.S.
If I ever borrowed something FROM someone, I would always RETURN it back to that person and THANK them for the favor.

Just my 2¢
:wink:

HaZRaTTy 01-23-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reefie (Post 674239)
Can I borrow a skimmer indefinitely also? Haha J/K!

P.S.
If I ever borrowed something FROM someone, I would always RETURN it back to that person and THANK them for the favor.

Just my 2¢
:wink:

Well If we are borrowing atuff from cod and not giving it back, Can I borrow your truck?