Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Canreef 6 Month Nano Tank Contest.... (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45179)

Chaloupa 09-23-2008 04:36 AM

If that ends up being the size...then it's something I would be "interested" in...if there was enough competition....but not if there are a bunch of different sized tanks...it's not the same

lorenz0 09-23-2008 04:37 AM

count me in, jdigital just told me about this

i will do a 5.5gal, 10gal will be to easy

once there is a go i will run out and pick up the tank

JDigital 09-23-2008 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaloupa (Post 347119)
If that ends up being the size...then it's something I would be "interested" in...if there was enough competition....but not if there are a bunch of different sized tanks...it's not the same

There will only be 2 categories... 5.5 & 10.

I will add members to the two categories on the first page... I will give ppl a week to see this thread and decide which category to compete with, names for now with just be to keep track of those interested.

hockey nut 09-23-2008 04:44 AM

I'd be interested. I have an Oceanic 14gal nano and a Current USA 24gal pod system already running. I like the low budget thing. Even though they are small tanks they still are money pits. How would you regulate it? I.E. Everyone get the same size tank and lighting and then the rest is up to the reefer?

Anyhow sounds cool to me.

Cheers

JDigital 09-23-2008 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockey nut (Post 347123)
I'd be interested. I have an Oceanic 14gal nano and a Current USA 24gal pod system already running. I like the low budget thing. Even though they are small tanks they still are money pits. How would you regulate it? I.E. Everyone get the same size tank and lighting and then the rest is up to the reefer?

Anyhow sounds cool to me.

Cheers

Depending which category you want to build... either compete with the 5.5s or the 10... after that lighting, livestock, all DIY costs etc come out of the spending limit for each category. It is up to the member to keep track and post what they spend in their build threads... (I also just double checked my original post, and its fairly clear I think how its regulated regarding costs and stuff. Please take a couple mins to read it thoroughly. :) )

See the link i posted above to the original Nano Reef "rules" thread.

Red Coral Aquariums 09-23-2008 05:05 AM

Count Red Coral in to sponsor one of the prizes.
Kevin

rocketlily 09-23-2008 02:02 PM

Please add me to the 10 gal. I'm looking forward to this:biggrin:

michika 09-23-2008 02:11 PM

[quote=JDigital;347106]All Glass Aquarium. :mrgreen:QUOTE]

:redface: my own stupid hurts sometimes...:redface:

I'll do the biggest option available. Assuming that is 10g, does that mean total volume, or just display volume?

What do you want me to do to help with the organizational side of things?

phillybean 09-23-2008 02:33 PM

I'm in for the 10 gallon. Just don't tell my wife it's for a contest...

JDigital 09-23-2008 04:34 PM

[quote=michika;347166]
Quote:

Originally Posted by JDigital (Post 347106)
All Glass Aquarium. :mrgreen:QUOTE]

:redface: my own stupid hurts sometimes...:redface:

I'll do the biggest option available. Assuming that is 10g, does that mean total volume, or just display volume?

What do you want me to do to help with the organizational side of things?

10G display, if you want to run a sump you are more than welcome to, just remember that the cost of the sump tank (or whatever you use) does come out of the budget (plumbing is exempt as per first page, which I will change around for the CR version).