Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Canadian Reef Octopus Distributor (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=122049)

Myka 01-16-2017 07:46 PM

The OP "rockworm" replied on another forum...here's his response:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockworm
Thank you for the very detailed timeline. I am the customer and have no control of the supply line and no access to communications between the supplier and the vendor. I also do not expect to have this access. There were mistakes made by both parties that affected me.

I will have the skimmer on Tuesday and I will move forward. I originally made the request to the LFS on December 16. I will receive the item on January 17 (16th if LFS was open). Perhaps I should not have brought this to forums. I was frustrated enough that I had to vent. As far as I was concerned, the supply chain failed, and I had no reason not to believe my LFS.

Finally, I again thank you for providing the chain of events that occurred. I do hope that this circumstance can be used by all, me included, to better improve customer service to all.

Potatohead 01-16-2017 08:06 PM

Agree with the OP - Supply chain failed. Glad he is getting his skimmer tomorrow.

gmann 01-16-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordon (Post 1006151)
I really hate the whole "holidays" excuse. I mean, really there are two days technically that are stat holidays + New Years. These excuses funnel for the entire month of January as well...

I feel your frustration man, hopefully they deliver soon (literally!)

Its not just 2 days. There are in lieu days to factor in, and every company can chose when to apply their in lieu day. figuring out lead times for orders is a PITA.

buying anything during Christmas is a B***h, especially if the item is a special order one.

intarsiabox 01-16-2017 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDF (Post 1006137)
Tuesday, Dec 20 – My colleague emailed your LFS notifying him that we could get it in a few days. That was a mistake on his part since a few days would be impossible.

The OP seems to be correct then, the distributer told the LFS in writing they could get them the skimmer in a few days. The rest is excuses.

rockworm 01-17-2017 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 1006173)
The OP "rockworm" replied on another forum...here's his response:

Myka, thank you for posting this. I may have over reacted, and for that I apologize to all. I propse that this thread be locked because I just want to move forward. No names have been mentioned and I don't want to go there. This was just one of those unfortunate circumstances that happened and might be a good business case study. We have lost enough LFS's locally and suppliers in the last few years. I will continue to support my LFS's and Canadian suppliers where ever I can. We cannot afford to lose them. We have a wonderful hobby (addiction ) and I don't want to negatively affect those who help us.