Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Calgary (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   anyone buy boxing week salt at Big Als? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111378)

kien 01-08-2015 09:17 PM

+1 for Reef Crystals group buy.

CM125 01-08-2015 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samw (Post 929196)
Seems like there's 2 rebate promo codes this year. Ocean001 for $10 with 1 per address limit. Ocean002 is for $5 with 2 per address limit and is exclusive to Big Al's. For those with 3 buckets and separate receipts, maybe send 1 rebate for one promo code and the other 2 to the other promo code.

Above in the other post is the $10 one. Here is the $5 Big Al's exclusive one: http://www.bigalscanada.com/rebates/...e_11-12-14.pdf

"Limited time offer, available only at Big Al’s: November 1, 2014 - February 1, 2015"

didn't see that, ill have to see what I can swindle

Eouen 01-10-2015 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skimmer Juice (Post 929084)
thats pretty sad , I went to pisces and they had it on for $35 but in small print you had to buy $50 worth of other stuff to get the deal. So I left just on principal . Not to mention there was nothing else I would need there

that is what happend to me, i left because it was absured. I can understand having to spend 50$ but the salt should count into the 50$

Skimmer Juice 01-10-2015 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eouen (Post 929402)
that is what happend to me, i left because it was absured. I can understand having to spend 50$ but the salt should count into the 50$

yuppers and excluded livestock too. I was gonna buy 4 of the $15 hermit crabs so I could buy a couple buckets of salt lol . The hermits were electric orange hermits witch I never see anywhere so I was willing to spend $60 on 4 hermit crabs to get the salt deal but that did not even work. What ever happened to just having a sale? Golds never has stipulations for there sale prices . But golds has been out of reef crystals for like a month now. I have bought every bucket of salt I have used in the last 10 years at golds and i finally had to buy it somewhere else :sad:. Went to ocean creations and he gave me the salt for $35 a bucket but it was on back order. But at least it was a real deal no strings attached so I paid in advance that guy that owns oceans is a stand up guy
Sorry for mini rant

btuck887 01-10-2015 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skimmer Juice (Post 929429)
yuppers and excluded livestock too. I was gonna buy 4 of the $15 hermit crabs so I could buy a couple buckets of salt lol . The hermits were electric orange hermits witch I never see anywhere so I was willing to spend $60 on 4 hermit crabs to get the salt deal but that did not even work. What ever happened to just having a sale? Golds never has stipulations for there sale prices . But golds has been out of reef crystals for like a month now. I have bought every bucket of salt I have used in the last 10 years at golds and i finally had to buy it somewhere else :sad:. Went to ocean creations and he gave me the salt for $35 a bucket but it was on back order. But at least it was a real deal no strings attached so I paid in advance that guy that owns oceans is a stand up guy

Sorry for mini rant

+1 for the service at ocean creations! Always very happy and welcoming when going into the store

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nuttyreefer 01-10-2015 09:05 AM

Hi

The box is for the store not for sale so be quaint. I is to be us in store not sold

MitchM 01-10-2015 03:28 PM

I bought 14 pails of salt during the sale but did not appreciate jumping through the hidden hoops for the discount.
One cashier had a strange look on her face, the next offered to ring through each pail separately for me - but if it's address specific there's no point.
I would much rather spend my money on corals and equipment.
In a few months, maybe we can organize a group buy from a vendor. (for Calgary anyways)

MitchM 01-10-2015 03:46 PM

Salt is heavy, labour intensive and low profit margin.

I would like to see vendors put out an offer (permanently) that ties in what we hobbyists need (salt) together with what benefits vendors. (higher profit margin, quick turnover)

MitchM 01-10-2015 04:26 PM

For example.
100 buckets of salt - at "x" price
All registered purchasers of the deal receive 30% off of "x" corals and "x" equipment for the next 6 months.
If you don't like the salt, buy the supplements required to suit your setup in order to be included in the offer.
Just a suggestion.

MitchM 01-10-2015 04:43 PM

The basic idea is to give a customer a reason to come back to your store only.