Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Polls (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Swine Flu/H1N1 Vaccination - Yes or No? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57278)

RuGlu6 11-25-2009 02:17 AM

Doctors are trained and raised by bigfarma, medical magazines and media are controlled by them as well, they make money when people are sick, when people are healthy they make nothing.

Follow the money and learn the truth...

So, who wants a toxic mix in the blood stream?
Or a synthetic drug to treat (not cure) all you problems ?

Aspirin kills 400% more people than H1N1 swine flu.

The July 1998 issue of The American Journal of Medicine explains it as follows:

"Conservative calculations estimate that approximately 107,000 patients are hospitalized annually for nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID)-related gastrointestinal (GI) complications and at least 16,500 NSAID-related deaths occur each year among arthritis patients alone." (Singh Gurkirpal, MD, “Recent Considerations in Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug Gastropathy”, The American Journal of Medicine, July 27, 1998, p. 31S)

So for every person the CDC claims was killed by H1N1 swine flu this year, common painkillers like aspirin have killed four! Yet you don't see the CDC, FDA, WHO or mainstream media running around screaming about the extreme dangers of aspirin, do you? All those deaths apparently don't matter. Only swine flu deaths lead to hysteria.

http://www.naturalnews.com/027548_sw...eath_risk.html

Funky_Fish14 11-25-2009 03:23 AM

I dont really buy in to the 'swine flu hype', and I thought the media really blew it out of proportion. I rarely get sick(less than anually), and if I do, its just my body shutting down cause I have been eating poorly and not getting enough sleep for extended periods. I havent had a vaccination for 15 years.

My father heard about the deaths of younger (15-25 year old) males who were completely healthy without any medical conditions. I fit right into the middle of this category. He got pretty cheesed when he found out I didnt want to get the shot, and hounded me for awhile about it. School was lagging (I didnt put nearly as much effort into it as I should have for the first month and a half), and knowing H1N1 was pretty bad (you are barred from comming to school for a week+ if you get it, time I could not afford to miss), I then decided to get the shot. I actually managed to get it on the first day it was offered in my area, before they ran out (actually about 30 mins before they started turning people away).

I havent really seen many people sick lately... and getting the shot wasted about 3 hrs of my time (even though i was there early). Oh well, I guess it was better safe than sorry, I really just didnt want to risk missing 1wk + of school.

The only side effect, for me, from the shot, was a sore shoulder for a couple days (pretty sore actually). One 3 or 4 year old at the clinic i went to had an allergic reaction to the shot. Aside from that, no issues.

Also important to note (cause some people dont realise this): Even if you are vaccinated, and 'immune' to the virus, you can still be a carrier.

Cheers,

Chris

trilinearmipmap 11-25-2009 06:46 PM

Most people who get H1N1 influenza will recover uneventfully after about a week of bad "flu" symptoms. About one in every several thousand people will get severely ill to the point of needing hospitalization or even ICU care and out of these hospitalized patients some will die.

Unlike the normal seasonal flu virus, the H1N1 has sporadically struck down healthy young people in their teens twenties and thirties. Perfectly normal healthy people have died within a few days of catching the H1N1 virus.

In the 1970's there was an elevated rate of Guillain-Barre syndrome (a type of paralysis which occurs sporadically and can also be caused by the flu virus itself) among recipients of the swine flu vaccine. For reasons related to statistical analysis which I won't go into, it cannot be determined whether the increased rate of Guillain-Barre syndrome was caused by the vaccine or not. If it was caused by the vaccine, the increased rate of paralysis was approximately one in one million.

The link between childhood vaccines and autism has been conclusively disproved. Despite this there are those who prefer to get their medical information from Oprah and Jenny MacCarthy rather than from infectious disease experts and epidemiologists at the CDC. I suppose if you think a big-breasted blonde is more of an expert on vaccine safety than hundreds of trained physicians and scientists you are welcome to your opinion.

The bottom line is I would rather accept a theoretical one-in-a-million risk from the flu vaccine, rather than a known one-in-several-thousand risk from the H1N1 virus. For me it is clear, I would not risk bringing the virus home to my kids.

There are those who believe that physicians are brainwashed by the greedy pharmaceutical companies. I know many physicians. Most if not all are sceptical of the information that pharmaceutical companies try to push. The flu vaccine is not a money maker for pharmaceutical companies, in fact they would make a lot more money if everyone caught H1N1 and required a Tamiflu (antiviral) prescription. Most docs are smart enough to decide for themselves regarding prescriptions, vaccines etc and the idea that docs are brainwashed by the pharmaceutical companies is laughable.

In summary we don't need to be panicked by H1N1. We also don't need to be panicked by the anti-vaccine wingnuts. Get your H1N1 vaccine if you would like to diminish the small but very real chance that you or a loved one could die from the H1N1 virus. For conspiracy theorists and amateur medical experts please stop spreading misinformation which could endanger others' health.