Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Thought Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58269)

Nano 01-13-2012 05:31 AM

Who me?! No way you're all getting big bears I'm from Wetaskiwin. I'll ship it out in brown bags

gregzz4 01-13-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishytime (Post 670745)
and he's gotta buy it in Newfoundland and ship it to us via UPS:mrgreen:

:rofl:
Then we'll see how long that package survives outside someone's door

fishoholic 01-13-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockrookie (Post 670731)
Finds it totally ironic that in The "Karate Kid" movie......Jaden Smith was chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool, and shootin' some b-ball outside of the school, when a couple of guys - they were up to no good, started making trouble in the neighborhood. He got in one little fight and his mom got scared and said "You gotta learn karate from the maintenance man downstairs."

:lol: Awesome!

Thanks I needed a laugh, I just talked to my Mom and my Step-Dad (who has cancer) isn't doing very well at all ATM :sad: I'm amazed and grateful we had a wonderful Christmas family time together, but I fear it wont be long now :sad:

SeaHorse_Fanatic 01-13-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishoholic (Post 670826)
my Step-Dad (who has cancer) isn't doing very well at all ATM :sad: I'm amazed and grateful we had a wonderful Christmas family time together, but I fear it wont be long now :sad:

Sorry to hear that. Hope things turn around for him.

My sister-in-law Grace (Irene's older sister) was just diagnosed with breast cancer. Her incompetent doctor was asked to look at it a year and a half ago but kept telling Grace that it was nothing, and never sent her for a mammogram or other testing. Finally did some tests in the last couple of weeks and Grace has second-third stage cancer. Did her first chemo last Friday. It was very hard on her.

Fortunately her faith is very strong and she has a lot of support.

Anthony

gregzz4 01-13-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishoholic (Post 670826)
:lol: Awesome!

Thanks I needed a laugh, I just talked to my Mom and my Step-Dad (who has cancer) isn't doing very well at all ATM :sad: I'm amazed and grateful we had a wonderful Christmas family time together, but I fear it wont be long now :sad:

Nice to know you had some holiday time together

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic (Post 670838)

My sister-in-law Grace (Irene's older sister) was just diagnosed with breast cancer. Her incompetent doctor was asked to look at it a year and a half ago but kept telling Grace that it was nothing, and never sent her for a mammogram or other testing. Finally did some tests in the last couple of weeks and Grace has second-third stage cancer. Did her first chemo last Friday. It was very hard on her.

Anthony

I'm sorry for Grace's situation. Can you say 'Malpractice suit'

fishoholic 01-13-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic (Post 670838)

Anthony

Thanks, and sorry to hear about Grace hope she is able to beat it.

Unfortunately Chris has stage 4 pancreatic cancer which there is no cure for. The cancer has spread to the majority of all his organs. The Doctors figured he'd live a few weeks to a few months last June so it's amazing that he's lived as long as he has and has been doing as well as he has been. Just sucks that he's staring to go downhill now :sad:

lastlight 01-13-2012 07:10 PM

Sorry to hear guys. Tough thing for everyone involved to deal with.

lastlight 01-13-2012 08:16 PM

What the hell is it sell your-rock-day today on canreef?! :lol:

Nano 01-13-2012 08:18 PM

Zombie rock lol handle with caution

gregzz4 01-13-2012 09:08 PM

Ack, I just realized it's Friday the 13th, and I'm plumbing my RO/DI
Not that I'm superstitious, but Eeep, it has bit me before
So, it's 5 o'clock somewhere ... cheers :drinking:
Plus it's 4:15 in Cancun, I'd be 6 hours into it by now :mrgreen: