Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Thought Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58269)

whatcaneyedo 01-12-2012 11:45 PM

They ring? Not in my experience. I sat at home all day waiting for my last delivery. Late in the afternoon I took a peek outside the door and there was an attempted delivery notice stuck to it. I WAS HOME. They just stuck the notice there without ringing or knocking.

Nano 01-12-2012 11:48 PM

laziness.

SeaHorse_Fanatic 01-13-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatcaneyedo (Post 670574)
They ring? Not in my experience. I sat at home all day waiting for my last delivery. Late in the afternoon I took a peek outside the door and there was an attempted delivery notice stuck to it. I WAS HOME. They just stuck the notice there without ringing or knocking.

I've had that happen at least twice in the past when getting coral shipped. Both shipments died from UPS stupidity. No knock. No ring. Even had a bloody sign on my door to the UPS guy saying "UPS, I'm home over here and waiting for delivery". The idiot stuck his "attempted delivery" note NEXT to mine, even though I was sitting in my livingroom all bloody day waiting for both shipments. Happened months apart. Now its just less stressful to drive up to Powell River and pick up the corals myself than to depend on bleeping UPS!!!!

Nano 01-13-2012 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic (Post 670620)
I've had that happen at least twice in the past when getting coral shipped. Both shipments died from UPS stupidity. No knock. No ring. Even had a bloody sign on my door to the UPS guy saying "UPS, I'm home over here and waiting for delivery". The idiot stuck his "attempted delivery" note NEXT to mine, even though I was sitting in my livingroom all bloody day waiting for both shipments. Happened months apart. Now its just less stressful to drive up to Powell River and pick up the corals myself than to depend on bleeping UPS!!!!

Serious? thats so retarded! I know we always get called from the post office, "your package was dropped off by UPS yesterday) I shouldnt say always just the 2 times we ordered something. its ridiculous, is it really that much to ask some one to do their job to the fullest? or even half a$$ed?

The Grizz 01-13-2012 01:43 AM

UPS are the only ones that will deliver out to my place but they ALWAYS lose the package for a week before it actually gets here. If its major important I have it sent to my dads place in town. I have yet to order livestock from online but there will be a day when I do & I will have to figure out the best way to do it.

In short UPS SUCKS!!!

unclesalty 01-13-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 670638)
UPS are the only ones that will deliver out to my place but they ALWAYS lose the package for a week before it actually gets here. If its major important I have it sent to my dads place in town. I have yet to order livestock from online but there will be a day when I do & I will have to figure out the best way to do it.

In short UPS SUCKS!!!

I agree and will refuse to buy anything that is shipped via UPS especially from the US

Nano 01-13-2012 02:18 AM

its getting to that time again... ----------------------------------------> --------------------------------------> --------------------^ almost at 1000 lol

gregzz4 01-13-2012 02:22 AM

Jeez you talk a lot :lol:
Weren't you just at 300 before x-mas?

Nano 01-13-2012 02:25 AM

closer to 400 I think lol I think the first 500 came really fast cause I had a ton of questions and arguments on here tho, now its just me not shutting up ever :lol:

jorjef 01-13-2012 02:43 AM

The "almost" fail proof system for courier deliver I have used in the past is to get the shipping company to mark the package "hold at depot for pickup" and go get it myself.