Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Thought Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58269)

fishytime 01-05-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delphinus (Post 668171)
Denny not sure what happened there to provoke such anger/frustration but it makes me feel sad to read that .. hope the coming days go better for you and I hope Canreef continues to benefit from your presence here ..

Well said Tony!.....

Mrfish55 01-06-2012 12:31 AM

I was just thinking to myself how spending the afternoon drinking rum and then going into the shop to spray lacquer was not the best plan for this afternoon, but then the rum and lacquer combination left me with a feeling of "wow that looks awesome" hope it still looks that good when I come too.

jorjef 01-06-2012 01:41 AM

So, its always had me wondering about the number of people on this site at any given time. At this moment there are 431 people on the site, 155 members and 276 guests!! Really? who are the 276 guests? are they members that aren't signed in? people who are truely guests and checking out the site. The guests always seem to out number the members quite handily!! are they "real" people?

It's not that I think the guests are not welcome, actually the opposite, join it's free! Just always thought it was strange that when I looked the numbers are always so lopsided.

The Grizz 01-06-2012 01:44 AM

Wondered that too many times as well as this:

Members: 8,686, Active Members: 1,205

What's the difference between a member & active member?

Aquattro 01-06-2012 01:56 AM

I think guests are mostly members that haven't signed in. The number of members is the total number of accounts ever created. This includes people that are no longer in the hobby, people that forgot their password and just created a new account, even the spammers get counted.

Active members are probably enumerated based on last activity date. Not sure the actual time frame.

Lance 01-06-2012 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrfish55 (Post 668191)
I was just thinking to myself how spending the afternoon drinking rum and then going into the shop to spray lacquer was not the best plan for this afternoon, but then the rum and lacquer combination left me with a feeling of "wow that looks awesome" hope it still looks that good when I come too.

That's kinda like the story of how I met my wife.

j/k: It was actually the other way around. Her rum and hallucinogen. :lol:

muck 01-06-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 668267)
That's kinda like the story of how I met my wife.

j/k: It was actually the other way around. Her rum and hallucinogen. :lol:

Lucky for you eh Lance... :mrgreen:

Lance 01-06-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muck (Post 668346)

Yup!

Leah 01-06-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muck (Post 668346)

So we can all pick on Lance again! Heh! :biggrin:

lastlight 01-06-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorjef (Post 668221)
So, its always had me wondering about the number of people on this site at any given time. At this moment there are 431 people on the site, 155 members and 276 guests!! Really? who are the 276 guests? are they members that aren't signed in? people who are truely guests and checking out the site. The guests always seem to out number the members quite handily!! are they "real" people?

It's not that I think the guests are not welcome, actually the opposite, join it's free! Just always thought it was strange that when I looked the numbers are always so lopsided.

Probably a lot of spiders crawling the site too.