Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Thought Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58269)

reefwars 01-05-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishoholic (Post 667900)
:question:

not directed at you laurie lol it seems that way cause im right after you in posting...your on my plus list hehe:)

i am pretty much done with canreef.....maybe ill just browse the classifieds and post once every 2 months when i want to rip people off like the other 4000 members who dont post **** all or help anyone...:(

The Grizz 01-05-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwars (Post 667901)
meh this cat is through with helping people or doing anything positive for people period.....the way i see it is...fend for your self or **** off period ....my new thinking is ....if it dont put me in the plus....then it puts me in the minus....the only person or thing in this world that i would allow to put me in the minus is my dog....he doesnt know any better....to evey one else....ya it is what it is...im done here and all these sites..

:surprise::surprise:

fishoholic 01-05-2012 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwars (Post 667906)
not directed at you laurie lol it seems that way cause im right after you in posting...your on my plus list hehe:)

i am pretty much done with canreef.....maybe ill just browse the classifieds and post once every 2 months when i want to rip people off like the other 4000 members who dont post **** all or help anyone...:(

No worries Denny I figured it wasn't directed at me, I just was surprised to read that and was wondering what was up.

gregzz4 01-05-2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishytime (Post 667892)
here's my random thought for the day.....is it really necessary to post ten different threads to sell ten items???

I agree ...
Other sites have rules about the # of posts you can run simultaneously
Just put all your stuff in one post with a brief, well written title

gregzz4 01-05-2012 02:41 AM

And I fully agree with the complaint about new and non-existent ( for lack of a better term ... absent maybe ? ) members using the site to sell items without contributing to the collective

Mrfish55 01-05-2012 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 667918)
And I fully agree with the complaint about new and non-existent ( for lack of a better term ... absent maybe ? ) members using the site to sell items without contributing to the collective

Happens every year this time, post Christmas people looking for cash, or unloading old equipment that was upgraded at Christmas /boxing day.

The Grizz 01-05-2012 04:41 AM

OMG.........3 week old pup is trying to howl already.........so frickin funny.........and it has to be the biggest blue eyed boy of the bunch :lol:

gregzz4 01-05-2012 04:59 AM

That's cute

Bawroooo roo rooooo row row row

There's part of your headache :biggrin:

lockrookie 01-05-2012 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reefwars (Post 667906)

you do help alot of ppl and in a round about way have helped me in the past after reading some of your advice and suggestions. in that i want to thank you.

but i do agree some ppl ask for help and ignore you anyways. if i know something that can help i will try. but always fear ill say the wrong advice since inonly a 3 year old reefer and myself still learning. my best help is that im always lurking and reading and seeing stuff on other sites others are looking for here or otherwise and point ppl to deals.

i hate living in sask we have a couple lfs but nothing like it seems other provinces have...i have tank envy..lol

but denny you are one of the tank guys i follow ilike your ideas and innovation keep it up

:behindsofa: ps main reason i dontreply alot my spellying and typing skills suck lol.. and my netbooks broken space bar doesnt help

Aquattro 01-05-2012 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 667918)

Well, we, the staff, have discussed this before and thought about limiting or restricting it. However, it was my thought that even if a person only comes here once to sell something, and a Canreef member gets a deal that they might not otherwise get, it's a good thing for the real board members.

Now, if this is not a popular consensus amongst the members, I'd be willing to re-open the discussion with the rest of the team and see what we come up with.

I just figured everyone would like to see deals offered, even if it isn't from a "contributing" member...