Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tank Journal (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   My 110 Gallon Peninsula SPS Tank (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69614)

Stones 10-22-2012 09:02 AM

Great photos and amazing looking corals as per usual.

So did you upgrade your lighting to a mix of LED and T5's as I noticed you were asking for tips for taking photos under LEDs?

kien 10-22-2012 01:10 PM

Looking real good man! I have major tank envy right now!

______
Sent from the future on my iPhone 10 using Tapatalk

ashr 10-24-2012 05:10 AM

Your tank is amazing, something that I would like to have one day... Love the rock scape and all your corals/fish. Once I am in my own house this is the size and idea I would like to go.

So I found some info on dosing Vodka. Now I have my tank around 0.00 for NO3 and PO4 and I also use a reactor for my phosphates but I dont think its doing to much of anything right now. Would it be worth it to start looking at dosing vodka?

sweet ride 10-26-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stones (Post 757066)
Great photos and amazing looking corals as per usual.

So did you upgrade your lighting to a mix of LED and T5's as I noticed you were asking for tips for taking photos under LEDs?

Thanks Stones!

I added 2 RB all blue one on each side of my ATI fixture for viewing purposes I like the color that the two RB gives with 2 ATI Coral + to me this is the most natural look as far as my system is concern. Unfortunately when I do take photos of the tank it they come out two blue even when I use a gray card.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 757071)
Looking real good man! I have major tank envy right now!

______
Sent from the future on my iPhone 10 using Tapatalk

Thanks Kien your too kind!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashr (Post 757790)
Your tank is amazing, something that I would like to have one day... Love the rock scape and all your corals/fish. Once I am in my own house this is the size and idea I would like to go.

So I found some info on dosing Vodka. Now I have my tank around 0.00 for NO3 and PO4 and I also use a reactor for my phosphates but I dont think its doing to much of anything right now. Would it be worth it to start looking at dosing vodka?

Thanks ashr!

Those two parameter that you mention looks good, how is the rest of your system why would you want to make a change in your current system?

sweet ride 11-25-2012 03:08 AM

Here is a quick FTS update! For the most part the system is doing okay I would have to say that the growth rate of the corals are just fine! the front island corals are now officially touching the back island corals! As per color I lost a little bit of color here and there and the most noticeable are deep green on some of the acros, and the purple seems to be on the lighter side. As per the rest of the color dark and light blue, yellow, light green they all seem to be fine. Any suggestion and or recommendation regarding how to tweak the colors of the corals is greatly appreciated!

November 24th, 2012 - Fall 2012 Update

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8...ustom%2529.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-y...ustom%2529.jpg

Photos was taken under two ATI Coral+ and two Reef Brite one XHO and one normal output both are all blue. I would have to say that for viewing purposes this is the one that I like the best.

kien 11-25-2012 04:50 AM

Awesome! But how the heck do you grow SPS in the shadows?!?! What sorcery is this?!

Sunee 11-26-2012 02:32 PM

Gorgeous!! How I wish my little frags and colonies would grow like that. A beautiful tank!

sweet ride 12-08-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 767265)
Awesome! But how the heck do you grow SPS in the shadows?!?! What sorcery is this?!

As always thanks Kien!!!! it's the Kein type of sorcery!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunee (Post 767627)
Gorgeous!! How I wish my little frags and colonies would grow like that. A beautiful tank!

Thanks Sunsee!!!! don't sweat it, those frags that you have will be colonies in no time! and those colonies that you have will be growing like weeds!!!!

riceboy 12-08-2012 06:04 PM

I vote this tank as the next tank of the month or season lol. It's crazy how your sps are growing. What's your maintenance schedule like and dosing?

sweet ride 12-09-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy (Post 771383)
I vote this tank as the next tank of the month or season lol. It's crazy how your sps are growing. What's your maintenance schedule like and dosing?

riceboy your too kind! thank you!!!!

the system maintenance is as follow, 10 gallon water change weekly the skimmer and glass is also cleaned at the same time, carbon and GFO change monthly. I dose CAL & ALK around 50ml of each 4 times a day I also dose 5ml of vodka and 4 ml of coral snow daily.