Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Random Thought Thread (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58269)

Nano 12-17-2011 04:34 AM

k thanks Greg

Funky_Fish14 12-17-2011 04:34 AM

Yes it works in the tank... Use small pieces of rubble... creates large voids while still having pores... 'safe zone' for pods provided the holes are small enough the fish cannot get into the pile and the pile is big enough to have lots of breeding room.

The Grizz 12-17-2011 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funky_Fish14 (Post 662056)
Yes it works in the tank... Use small pieces of rubble... creates large voids while still having pores... 'safe zone' for pods provided the holes are small enough the fish cannot get into the pile and the pile is big enough to have lots of breeding room.

But still take time to happen :biggrin:

Madreefer 12-17-2011 04:40 AM

Yes it works. Why not get the top back of your new tank drilled, get yourself another lets say 15G tank, put it lower than your display.Get a little internal pump and start a little sump and build a refugium in there. Just let your drilled display just gravity drain in to your sump. Get rid of those cannisters and make the leap to a sump system. It would be some good experience and prepare you for when you do an upgrade to a bigger tank. Instructions too complicated?

Nano 12-17-2011 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madreefer (Post 662062)
Yes it works. Why not get the top back of your new tank drilled, get yourself another lets say 15G tank, put it lower than your display.Get a little internal pump and start a little sump and build a refugium in there. Just let your drilled display just gravity drain in to your sump. Get rid of those cannisters and make the leap to a sump system. It would be some good experience and prepare you for when you do an upgrade to a bigger tank. Instructions too complicated?

I'd love to do that but my wife wont go for buying return pumps and baffles and junk.. I'm lucky to get what I am getting for the tank this time of year :lol:
plus I dont have the first clue what I need and where to get it. I do have a spare 20 gallon, that is scratched to all hell. but again, what I need or where to get it I dont have a clue lol

The Grizz 12-17-2011 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanomano (Post 662063)
I'd love to do that but my wife wont go for buying return pumps and baffles and junk.. I'm lucky to get what I am getting for the tank this time of year :lol:
plus I dont have the first clue what I need and where to get it. I do have a spare 20 gallon, that is scratched to all hell. but again, what I need or where to get it I dont have a clue lol

I could do it for ya if you wanted to go that way but not until after Xmas.

Nano 12-17-2011 04:48 AM

I mean if you guys could run through it with me I might be able to swing a small sump.

Nano 12-17-2011 04:52 AM

Hey maybe Greg so if that's the case I should hold off moving my tank until I do that if the wife let's me that is :lol:

Madreefer 12-17-2011 04:53 AM

Could be done for probably $60 total with all supplies, drilled and the glass shop would probably have a chunk of glass or acrlic for a baffle kicking around. Really simple to do this.

Madreefer 12-17-2011 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanomano (Post 662067)
I mean if you guys could run through it with me I might be able to swing a small sump.

I could send you some pics via PM if that would help.