Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   fijireefrock.com (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=198)
-   -   BULK REEF CHEMICALS free shipping throughout CANADA (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72848)

hillegom 03-14-2011 03:54 AM

Sounding good so far

The Grizz 03-14-2011 03:55 AM

Sounds promising, I still have some of ChemMasters goods so I can do a direct comparison to them.

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-14-2011 03:58 AM

that's great as i never got to test his chemicals.
i have some ready for you to pick up anytime you are in town.
one gram of each type. lol:lol: just kidding, you will get as much as you need.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 598490)
Sounds promising, I still have some of ChemMasters goods so I can do a direct comparison to them.

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-14-2011 03:59 AM

Thank you.
its for all of us reefers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillegom (Post 598489)
Sounding good so far

The Grizz 03-14-2011 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elias (Post 598492)
that's great as i never got to test his chemicals.
i have some ready for you to pick up anytime you are in town.
one gram of each type. lol:lol: just kidding, you will get as much as you need.

I should only need 20 - 25 kgs of everything :lol: seriously not :biggrin:

I thought that it would be a good comparison as many of us used them often.

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-14-2011 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 598497)
I thought that it would be a good comparison as many of us used them often.

Well i wouldn't mind having some more people interested in testing.As long they have something to compare it to.And some experience with these type of chemicals.

lastlight 03-14-2011 06:02 AM

Well that's certainly interesting =)

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-16-2011 03:53 AM

Ok folks
i will be placing some photos tomorrow.
A little information on the product and packaging sizes on some already up on bulk-chemicals

christyf5 03-16-2011 03:57 AM

Ill test it if youre still looking for testers :biggrin:

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-16-2011 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 598987)
Ill test it if youre still looking for testers :biggrin:

No problem.
Are you coming to Cow town:smile:
You are more than welcome to have at it.
i got 2 guy with the product and 3 more to pick it up.

christyf5 03-16-2011 04:19 AM

LOL, no I'm not coming to Calgary till May. Didn't read that part.:razz:

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-16-2011 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 598995)
LOL, no I'm not coming to Calgary till May. Didn't read that part.:razz:

Well i hope to get some results from those testing thebulk-chemicals soon.:wink:
not to say i don't want you to be one:lol:

The Grizz 03-16-2011 05:32 AM

Coming down on Thursday Eli, when are you going to be available for pick-up?

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-16-2011 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Grizz (Post 599016)
Coming down on Thursday Eli, when are you going to be available for pick-up?

I should be able to see you after 1600 hour:lol:
Anytime after 3pm is fine send me your phone # or call me on Thursday.
If you cannot make it at that time earlier is fine you just have to pick it up from who ever is in.

Willito 03-17-2011 08:18 PM

I am no expert on bulk chemicals but have been using it for about 3 years and have purchased from different places.
IME, the products (Calcium chloride, Magnesium chloride, Magnesium sulfate, Sodium carbonate) that I first purchased from BRS 3 years ago has the best solubility. It also leaves no residue and is as clear as water. I’ve gotten tremendous results from using their products, by far the best I’ve encountered. My most recent purchase (6 months ago) from BRS was just as good, except the Sodium carbonate was different this time. When mixed, it was not as clear as previous, and a thin layer of foam would collect at the surface. It was definitely different, lower quality?? Don’t know.

Faster forward to today, I just finished testing the bulk chemicals from Eli.
Using the exact same recipe and mixing instructions from BRS I performed the test comparison.
All three solutions appear to be as clear as water with no residue at the bottom. It dissolved just as fast. I even went a step further and increased the concentration by 25%, the result was no different.
For me, these chemicals are as good as BRS in terms of solubility and clarity. I have no idea how the purity would match up between the two products but I guess that can be established with the product data sheets. I think the days of outrageous shipping cost for bulk chemicals from the U.S is near long gone. Hopefully Eli can bring a sustainable supply of these chemicals in at a reasonable price.

lastlight 03-17-2011 08:25 PM

I don't recall exactly when it was but I know that the chems BRS sells today are a higher grade than what they previously offered. I think this explains the difference but odd that it mixed a little less perfectly. Mine are crystal clear.

Your review is very welcome news though. I'll be buying a large amount when my small BRS containers are used up =)

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-18-2011 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willito (Post 599380)
I am no expert on bulk chemicals but have been using it for about 3 years and have purchased from different places.
IME, the products (Calcium chloride, Magnesium chloride, Magnesium sulfate, Sodium carbonate) that I first purchased from BRS 3 years ago has the best solubility. It also leaves no residue and is as clear as water. I’ve gotten tremendous results from using their products, by far the best I’ve encountered. My most recent purchase (6 months ago) from BRS was just as good, except the Sodium carbonate was different this time. When mixed, it was not as clear as previous, and a thin layer of foam would collect at the surface. It was definitely different, lower quality?? Don’t know.

Faster forward to today, I just finished testing the bulk chemicals from Eli.
Using the exact same recipe and mixing instructions from BRS I performed the test comparison.
All three solutions appear to be as clear as water with no residue at the bottom. It dissolved just as fast. I even went a step further and increased the concentration by 25%, the result was no different.
For me, these chemicals are as good as BRS in terms of solubility and clarity. I have no idea how the purity would match up between the two products but I guess that can be established with the product data sheets. I think the days of outrageous shipping cost for bulk chemicals from the U.S is near long gone. Hopefully Eli can bring a sustainable supply of these chemicals in at a reasonable price.

Thanks for your input on the reef bulk-chemicals neatly summend up.
Well folks we are only a few days away from launching the prices of the chemicals and i am sure everyone will be more than satisfied.
We give the website caco3reef a daily update.So keep checking for pricing, more product and specials.

chris121277 03-18-2011 04:11 AM

Just tagging along here....are you going to post pricing on this thread?

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-22-2011 01:26 AM

Well folks. Most reviews are in.(i have yet to see someone unsatisfied within comparison to other product out there)
the prices will be on the webpage later this evening.
the purest pharmaceutical grade of bulk reef chemicals available, free delivery throughout Canada and no GST or PST.
every box or container of reef chemicals will have an MSDS sheet of authentication or your money back no questions asked.:biggrin:

Orders will start immediately and delivery will be held on Tuesdays of every week.
Please send all your requests and orders by email or pm as it will be replied to within a couple hours.

Skimmerking 03-22-2011 01:33 AM

well you are getting a ADDY Boy for me, now you need to get DI resin and Carbon and you are set.

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-22-2011 01:37 AM

A secret :smile:
I am working on the bulk pricing and the importing these two products in. Don't get too excited yet,its still in the 1st stages.

The Grizz 03-22-2011 01:50 AM

I have not had a chance to test the chem's yet but my first impressions of them are good. The 2 mag products grain size are very nice size compared to ChemMasters. The calcium chloride (I think that is what it is) is less of a powder then that of SeaChems which should make it a little easier the measure out. I hope to get around to testing the parameters this coming weekend.

badAZZlars 03-22-2011 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asmodeus (Post 600592)
well you are getting a ADDY Boy for me, now you need to get DI resin and Carbon and you are set.

And GFO....

lastlight 03-22-2011 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badAZZlars (Post 600609)
And GFO....

I had my post fingers ready but yeah GFO!

chris121277 03-22-2011 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badAZZlars (Post 600609)
And GFO....

That would be spectacular!!!!

The Grizz 03-22-2011 04:27 AM

A good quality bulk carbon would be sweet :biggrin:

ALang 03-22-2011 03:19 PM

+1 on the GFO and high quality carbon!
I'm tagging along as I am just as excited about this as everyone else in Canada! Thanks Eli.
Got lots of stuff still from all my bulk purchases, but will definitely order from you when I'm out.
Lenny.

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-23-2011 12:34 AM

Ok folks here is another review i received last night.

QUOTE"
Elias, I finally got the alkalinity , magnesium-sulfate and magnesium-chloride mixed up last night.

I haven't done any numbers testing on
them but when I looked this morning both had finished dissolving without any sediment and mixed up pretty much exactly like BRS chemicals do. Both required quite a bit of shaking last night to get them started then I left them over night to let the remainder dissolve (same as BRS). After a small shake this morning both were completely mixed and clear.

Looks like you've got some great
bulk-chemicals product. When I finish with my BRS supply I will start getting my bulk-reef-chemicals from you.

Thanks,

QUOTE"

Thank you for the input greatly appreciated
cheers

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-24-2011 01:58 AM

The web-page is up with pricing soon with photos.

Coleus 03-27-2011 05:33 AM

I just noticed that the site has price now. Seems very good deal with free shipping and no tax. Looking forward to some reviews

burrows14 03-27-2011 05:50 AM

Very interested! Are people using the brs instructions to determine the mix or do these come with their own instructions?

Cheers
Ray

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-27-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coleus (Post 602038)
I just noticed that the site has price now. Seems very good deal with free shipping and no tax. Looking forward to some reviews

Thanks
No food or USP grade like everyone else carries.
For pharmaceutical grade bulk reef chemicals it's the best prices out there.
There are few reviews on earlier posts,if you are interested you could pick some up for testing.caco3reef private mail box

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-27-2011 08:03 PM

For those of you that are asking for combo pack for bulk reef chemical pricing.

Later today there will be a section under bulk chemicals
that refer to mix your own chemicals combo pack.(just so you pay a cheaper price per lb to a tub of maybe 20lbs)

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-28-2011 12:10 AM

combo pack mix bulk chemicals

For some of you who don`t want to order larger quantities of each
chemical

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-28-2011 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burrows14 (Post 602044)
Very interested! Are people using the brs instructions to determine the mix or do these come with their own instructions?
Ray

Most people using my product are going with BRS calculations minus 15%
except soda ash the calculation required should be at 25% less concentrated than BRS calculations.
I always recommend every customer to do their own testing and have their own judgment on the bulk reef chemical solution.

eli@fijireefrock.com 03-31-2011 05:58 AM

Keep checking the web-page
as i will have mixing instruction on all the bulk reef chemicals.

And soon other chemicals will be added.:biggrin:
If you are interested in what is being added go back to page one and start reading all the posts again Hints are there:biggrin:

phi delt reefer 03-31-2011 12:13 PM

Elias - can you take this one step further? Can you get in touch with BRS or pump manufacturer and start carrying dosing pumps similar to the BRS "TWO PART" pumps? Kits that include the chemicals and pumps would be sweet :D

Though i would maybe put up a survey to see if there is enough interest. On other forums i see alot of users with BRS pumps but on this site the profilux doser seems to be the more popular choice (too rich for my blood though :()

shootingstar 03-31-2011 02:50 PM

+++++1
I could not agree more, will be taking this step as part of our upgrade project and will need the whole shee-bang....pumps, jugs, timers, chemicals etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phi delt reefer (Post 603118)
Elias - can you take this one step further? Can you get in touch with BRS or pump manufacturer and start carrying dosing pumps similar to the BRS "TWO PART" pumps? Kits that include the chemicals and pumps would be sweet :D

Though i would maybe put up a survey to see if there is enough interest. On other forums i see alot of users with BRS pumps but on this site the profilux doser seems to be the more popular choice (too rich for my blood though :()

mark 03-31-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phi delt reefer (Post 603118)

I'd consider getting involved in a BRS doser group buy.

Twinn 03-31-2011 05:53 PM

I vote for bulk GFO