Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Canreef Nano Tank Build Contest #1 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   El Guappo's 10G Critter Cornucopia Pic updated Jan 15 (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45219)

OCDP 10-22-2008 05:18 PM

Looks great.. I also like the in-tank refugium.. great idea, and it looks sweet! :mrgreen:

ElGuappo 10-22-2008 10:15 PM

well at this point i have 14 cents left in my budget. wow talk about cutting it close. i had to remove a nass snail to make room for my firefish in the budget.

LS goes in the tank tommorrow. Hopefully. i seem to be having a small algae outbreak.

ElGuappo 10-29-2008 01:36 AM

prices Moded as i had to use a different PH as the prior did not provide enough flow.

ElGuappo 10-30-2008 04:39 AM

Well since i now know we are using Jl and LA prices for evertyhing i have a little more budget to play with. very nice. dont know how i missed the fact that ALL LS prices were from these sites. :redface:

ElGuappo 10-30-2008 04:46 AM

Just looked at my tank to find that one of my fire fish went carpet surfing while i was out tihs evening. whats the story on this ?

Really Psssss's me OFF. i went got a slideing top so light woudl be better than a hinge. and i have no idea how it made it out of the tinny little sopt at the back.

JDigital 10-30-2008 04:55 AM

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...t=45252&page=4

Post #33.

ElGuappo 10-30-2008 04:59 AM

I have read this post and it really comes to no conclusion at all. just a couple peoples opinions and asking for more suggetions thus far.

Edit: The last sentence of the post just leaves it with the feeling its still open to debate. i have no problem having it come out of the budget.

ElGuappo 10-31-2008 05:21 PM

Okay so i am having a huge algae out break so i will be reomoving everthing form my tank for the time being. i may change out some of the corals but the ls list will most likely remain, with the exception to the firefish.

i will be keeping 1 firefish in my budget as he went linolium surfing. ( i think my roomie may have done something while i was out as i have no idea how it made it to where it did on the floor with a closed top?)

rocketlily 10-31-2008 05:31 PM

I was also having a huge algae outbreak. After adding a couple of little snails and 1 little crab, all the algae is gone. Even the cynano that was starting to develop is gone.

ElGuappo 10-31-2008 07:52 PM

Can we use super special pricing.??/ aka sale prices on these sites? JL and LA?

ElGuappo 11-06-2008 06:09 AM

So i have updated my LS list please check out this page as i am using the sale price on pep shrimp. just need the price to be whitnessed before the sale ends.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/a....cfm?c=497+525

Ryan_Lap 11-06-2008 06:11 AM

saw it $4.49:biggrin:

ElGuappo 11-06-2008 06:13 AM

TY and wow that was quick.:mrgreen:

Ryan_Lap 11-06-2008 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElGuappo (Post 347462)
Pom Pom Crabs x 3 = $40.00 (Not on either site what i paid)

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...74&pcatid=1474

Found em

ElGuappo 11-06-2008 06:19 AM

ya but i cant find a price on them did you find that under crabs? i cant see it anywhere on the main crab page. nevermind i scrolled down.

Wow thats expensive. i have never paid that much for one OH WELL.

Ryan_Lap 11-06-2008 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElGuappo (Post 347462)

Fire Fish x 2 = $25.90 JL

Firefish are on sale on LA

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...pcatid=168&N=0

ElGuappo 11-06-2008 06:24 AM

OUtstanding thanks for the heads up as i am paying for 2 but 1 went carpet surfing already. i have no idea how it made it out of the tank as its nearly tight. Can someone confirm the 8.99 Price for me again? TY

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...pcatid=168&N=0

ElGuappo 11-06-2008 05:57 PM

OK so the in tank refug seemed like a good idea until i noticed that everyday i have to save the life of a hermit or pompom by yanking them out of the cheato. i would like to put some egg crate ontop but this will not allow snails to get in there. any suggestions? also if anyone has a small acrylic dowel i could use as an escape route that would be great. i would just rough it up abit so that crabs could use this as a ladder to escape the refug.

JDigital 11-06-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElGuappo (Post 357689)
OK so the in tank refug seemed like a good idea until i noticed that everyday i have to save the life of a hermit or pompom by yanking them out of the cheato. i would like to put some egg crate ontop but this will not allow snails to get in there. any suggestions? also if anyone has a small acrylic dowel i could use as an escape route that would be great. i would just rough it up abit so that crabs could use this as a ladder to escape the refug.

Got any PVC pipe laying around? Sand it down, toss it in. :wink:

ElGuappo 11-06-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDigital (Post 357692)
Got any PVC pipe laying around? Sand it down, toss it in. :wink:

with the luck i have had with this tank sofar, i think they would crawl inside and die. but worth a try if i cant find a small piece of dowel. only needs to be 8 ". thats long not diameter.

ElGuappo 11-06-2008 06:19 PM

finally found pompoms on JL and i will be changing to this price. it is on the NEW and Noteworthy page and is half of the LA price.

JDigital 11-06-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElGuappo (Post 357697)
finally found pompoms on JL and i will be changing to this price. it is on the NEW and Noteworthy page and is half of the LA price.

Thanks for the heads up. :mrgreen:

ElGuappo 11-07-2008 12:18 AM

so while adding things to the budget i have been doing the math as i go and apparently made some errors. grand total was correct but LS total was way off.

Just a heads up for the rest of you to double check once in a while.

ElGuappo 11-07-2008 03:02 AM

Okay so today i got most of my coral mounted. all that is left is to mount the zoas. maybe add some rics. just a heads up i am totally going to abuse the larger than a twoonie rule with a YEAH LARGE ric. :twised:

Going to add a second PH i think so hoping the budget has some room .

Ryan_Lap 11-07-2008 03:17 AM

Yah I was running a koralia 1 and it just wasnt moving water around enough for me. Upped it to a koralia 4 and holy water movement. Maybe thats what broke the tank.....:biggrin:

2 1's would probably work good for you....or just upgrade to a 2 or 3 as that may be cheaper.

sphelps 11-07-2008 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElGuappo (Post 357821)
just a heads up i am totally going to abuse the larger than a twoonie rule with a YEAH LARGE ric. :twised:

That's Ok, my one maze brain is pretty big, if it was in a standard 10gal you wouldn't be able to clean the glass with a magnet.

ElGuappo 11-07-2008 03:57 AM

i have already tried a 2 and thought it was too much in one spot for such a small tank. going to add a nano to the opposite back corner from the 1. i am hoping this will help draw more water through the refug as well. i had to put a piece of brance rock into it as i have had a hard time with crabs falling in. i changed the rock structure quit a bit so i dont think it will be and issue but i will leave this piece for now.

good thing for that budget increase.:mrgreen: WHens the vote for the second budget increase. 0- 50- 100????????

superduperwesman 11-07-2008 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElGuappo (Post 357855)
i have already tried a 2 and thought it was too much in one spot for such a small tank. going to add a nano to the opposite back corner from the 1. i am hoping this will help draw more water through the refug as well. i had to put a piece of brance rock into it as i have had a hard time with crabs falling in. i changed the rock structure quit a bit so i dont think it will be and issue but i will leave this piece for now.

good thing for that budget increase.:mrgreen: WHens the vote for the second budget increase. 0- 50- 100????????

ahaha

ElGuappo 11-07-2008 06:03 AM

Well we are still well under $500 for the tank and thats a pretty low budget still. but i guess i should have voted for a larger increase the first time.:twised:

superduperwesman 11-07-2008 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElGuappo (Post 357906)
Well we are still well under $500 for the tank and thats a pretty low budget still. but i guess i should have voted for a larger increase the first time.:twised:

Yeah I just thought it was funny because we'll see how many other people will be wishing the same thing in a few weeks/months but we just made a change already a little while ago.

I guess we'll just have to hope things grow like crazy

Ryan_Lap 11-07-2008 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superduperwesman (Post 357910)
Yeah I just thought it was funny because we'll see how many other people will be wishing the same thing in a few weeks/months but we just made a change already a little while ago.

I guess we'll just have to hope things grow like crazy

Especially when things start dying, jumping out of tanks, and running into powerheads....

ElGuappo 11-07-2008 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan_Lap (Post 357911)
Especially when things start dying, jumping out of tanks, and running into powerheads....

NO SHIP... just one fish carpet surfing on day 4. still discouraged.

Ryan_Lap 11-07-2008 06:20 AM

Maybe if you find a "used one" you could find room in your budget to replace it.

ElGuappo 11-07-2008 06:27 AM

i have been told there is no used value on LS. just equiptment.

Plus i want that budget for another type of shrimp im trying to get.

Ryan_Lap 11-07-2008 06:28 AM

oh yah..my mind is slipping.:biggrin:

Well from what I see you still have a bit of cushion on your budget.

JDigital 11-15-2008 05:16 PM

Contest Reminder:

**Updated FTS and Budget Required today (Nov 15/08) to remain in the contest**

ElGuappo 11-15-2008 08:39 PM

FIRST POST UPDATED!

Just a night time pic.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3174/...852f013559.jpg

Random angle pic.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3038/...efb0484647.jpg

ElGuappo 11-17-2008 08:59 PM

Well today i picked up a few more critters. i finally found some bumble bee shrimp x 2. i also found a nice ittle wrasse. its supposed to be called a pink line wrasse. supposidly i am the first owner in calgary of such a fish as its only been discovered in the last 2 years. this is what i was told at ocean city. its in the mystery wrasse family.

Any way i will be adding them to my budget after i put them in the appropriate tank.

Delphinus 11-17-2008 09:21 PM

Oh you can't post something like that and not post a picture. I think that's grounds for a warning mister. Correct this travesty at once!

ElGuappo 11-17-2008 09:26 PM

Working on a pic but hes still a little skiddish and not showing his face too much right now. looks like a six line only the stripes instead of being red and blue on the sixline, his stripes are indigo, pink and yellow. they colors are very pastel looking. they color around the eyes is orange gold. tail is still greenish like a sixline. to sum up its color a little better . GOLDISH WITH INDIGO STRIPES.

WILL ADD PICS WHEN THE FISH LETS ME !!!!!