Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Over-run by Ricordea's (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=93488)

kien 01-14-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christyf5 (Post 782419)
I agree, that and orange mushrooms. I just removed two rocks full of them. Sadly they've planted themselves in other areas as well but at least its "manageable"

OMG I've been trying to grow out my orange mushrooms but they just refuse to spread/reproduce/grow. I think Marie is on to something!!

.. you hear that orange mushrooms?! I don't want you anymore. I hope you all shrivel up and DIE!!! DIE DIE DIE!!!!

pinkreef 01-14-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaws (Post 782426)

THATS WHAT I THOUGHT, HE WAS TALKING ABOUT MAJANOS:twised:

christyf5 01-14-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borderjumper (Post 782425)
And see.. I can not get your orange mushrooms to take off in my tank! If your tossing any save them for me next time your down??

you bet, I'm hoping to not have any left by then :razz:

Rogue951 01-14-2013 06:12 PM

I have some fuzzy mushrooms in a bad spot. I can't move the rock to get it out and cutting would be hard.
I covered it with a layer of kalk paste. It shrank it good, and I'm repeating till dead.
hasn't affected anything else in my tank.
Sure makes it cloudy for a bit but it goes away.
I dose kalk anyway so I just don't dose for the day.

Oh and shut off all my pumps and let the slurry just sit on it as long as possible.

can only do a few at a time or the tank chemistry will go WAY off. mine doesn't seem to mind a few shrooms at a time.

Jaro 01-18-2013 03:35 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures. I've never paid much attention to what they actually were, the rocks had a few of them on them when I started the tank up about 1.5 yrs ago and have proliferated since then.

Attachment 10616

Attachment 10617

Attachment 10618

Attachment 10621

don.ald 01-18-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaro (Post 783961)

If only one, just one would grow in my system:cry:

Whiston 01-18-2013 03:58 PM

I guess this just goes to show, one man's gold is another man's garbage.

Jaro 01-18-2013 04:05 PM

If it weren't for the hard corals getting killed by them, I'd be thrilled! I had intended the tank to be mostly stony corals so when the ricordias started taking over it was a bit of a let-down. However, if there are some suggestions of other corals that can compete for space with the ricordias, please let me know. I'm pretty well resigned to get rid of the stony's and just keept it a soft coral tank now. However, I sure would like some diversity too!

While I'm complaining about coral growth, how big do leather corals get in a nano tank? Hard to see but the one in the front left is now dinner plate size. The clowns love it since they don't have an anemone but wonder if there is a way to "contain" it's growth without just cutting it's top off?

christyf5 01-18-2013 04:43 PM

Wow! That is crazy! I can see how its become a pain though.