Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Reef (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Tank Setup Help Zeo or? (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=92527)

NIVLEM09 12-13-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subman (Post 772984)
Like a martini!:mrgreen:

:biggrin: it was a fellow Canadian reefer on zeovit who suggested that.i just had to buy a big maxi-jet pump and that is it.

kien 12-13-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIVLEM09 (Post 772986)
:biggrin: it was a fellow Canadian reefer on zeovit who suggested that.i just had to buy a big maxi-jet pump and that is it.

So you don't shake the rocks? Just fluidized them? I don't know if I've ever seen them used like that before. Cool.

NIVLEM09 12-13-2012 05:00 AM

Kien,in a fluidized manner,yes.odd enough,it does work.as the old adage go-there is more than one way to skin a cat:mrgreen:

subman 12-13-2012 01:32 PM

Back to the original poster I would look into the prodibio system, as the rsm sump isn't a huge one and adding the zeo reactor will take up some valuable real estate. I'd prefer to run a gfo reactor and the prodibio system on your setup.

ChizerBunoi 12-13-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kien (Post 772987)
So you don't shake the rocks? Just fluidized them? I don't know if I've ever seen them used like that before. Cool.

You could pick up the entire unit and give it a good shake, would pretty accomplish the same thing. You need to shake it to keep the rocks clean.

yycguy 12-13-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subman (Post 773022)
Back to the original poster I would look into the prodibio system, as the rsm sump isn't a huge one and adding the zeo reactor will take up some valuable real estate. I'd prefer to run a gfo reactor and the prodibio system on your setup.

Hey thx ..... I have never heard of prodibio ..... I will look into this as well. Yes you are right about the sump it's rather small.

bades 12-14-2012 05:33 AM

Joel,....
I think that I can help you out. First, when the new tank arrives, you can set it up at my place, that way you won't have to worry when you're out of town :wink:
And secondly, I also have been using Prodibio, (more so before the reno) and was happy with the results. Just getting back into it now, since most of the commotion is almost over.

Emm

P.S. How's your place coming along,....almost done?

yycguy 12-14-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bades (Post 773314)
Joel,....
I think that I can help you out. First, when the new tank arrives, you can set it up at my place, that way you won't have to worry when you're out of town :wink:
And secondly, I also have been using Prodibio, (more so before the reno) and was happy with the results. Just getting back into it now, since most of the commotion is almost over.

Emm

P.S. How's your place coming along,....almost done?

Hey Emm I think that's a great idea! Then if it springs a leak it's not on my new Hardwood.......
House is pretty well done how about yours?
I'll call you next week about the Prodibio...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

asylumdown 12-15-2012 07:23 PM

I couldn't be happier with the biopellets in my system. BP and GFO (I'm actually using PO4X4). I bought a life-reef re-circulating biopellet reactor, and the most I ever have to interact with it is to use a toothbrush to clean off the re-circulating strainer once every couple of weeks to keep the flow rate through the reactor where I want it. The phos material is in a vertex reactor.

I also looked very seriously in to the Zeo method - I even have 3 bags of unused zeo stones sitting in my garage. But I'm out of town almost as much as I'm in town so I had to go with something that wasn't so high maintenance.